or Connect

Posts by wormsdriver

Ok folks, after almost a week with the Grado Gs2000e, here is my impressions.   First off, in case you missed it these are a pair of loaner headphones provided by @Todd aka "Todd the Vinyl Junkie" from TTVJ Audio. I am one of many lucky participants that gets to borrow these cans for a week in the comfort of their own home with their own equipment and test tracks which is a great thing to be able to demo such expensive headphones before buying them.   Before I start I...
Interest check for my jbl studio 530 monitors. If your interested send me your offers. They are in mint condition. I don't have the original box but I will package them properly for shipping.
So after a few days I FINALLY get a good chance to hear the Gs2ke. I've been up all night and have been listening to them for the last 2 - 3 hours.  First impressions...  [[SPOILER]]  Very refined headphone with excellent tonality. Soundstage is wide but also deep, it does 3d imaging very well. Very good dynamics when the track calls for it. (check out "I'm a man" by the band Chicago).I do not detect harshness or have come across any sibilance really. Treble is refined....
Hey guys, I received the loaner pair of Gs2000e today. They got here safe and sound (thanks @AudioAddict). Unfortunately I will be gone on a mini vacation till late tomorrow and decided not to bring the Gs2ke with me since they are not mine and I don't want to risk having anything happen to them. I'll report back when I get a chance to listen to them and give some initial impressions... Can't wait to hear them!
good post.  @punkmanmatthew post count doesn't mean much, so don't worry about that. I wouldn't worry too much about asking questions or sounding like a noob here. After all, we were all noobs on here at one point! 
Excellent, can't wait! Thanks Todd!
The gs2ke has the 12 conductor cable vs the 8 conductor on the gh1
IMO any improvements usually comes from the amp being designed/intended to be used as a balanced amp. (double the power vs it's single ended output?) I use the RSA intruder as my portable DAC/amp, it has very good synergy with my Grados (for a portable) and I was very tempted to balance at least one of my Grados (probably my PS500 would be the guinea pig) but then I kinda forgot about it since I am cutting down on headphones... Maybe I should keep them a bit longer and...
SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!