Posts by senjy

On eBay I am kayli980 for feedback viewing, since I am rated 0 here.   For sale is a used Meier Audio Corda Arietta for $135 pickup (read below for shipping). You know what this headphone amp is for if you're here. It's in perfect condition both externally and audio-wise, was used to power up my AKG K702's.   I'm in Australia, so you can pick it up within Sydney, or I can calculate the various shipping options to wherever you are using auspost.com.au, give you...
These have been discontinued, but the few that have them are all audio engineers :)   I just bought a pair, they are supposedly very good for value and underpriced (undercutting the competition of Adam AX7 and others at such pricepoint).
Ah sexiewasd, we were talking about that...then we drifted to that..   :)
Devlesa!   (I hope that is some sort of hooray or something :L) (sounds like you're swearing at me )
Dear Liamstrain,   Don't be ridiculous, do you really think I crawled through your past posts to see what your opinions are and what your favourite icecream is??? I only see what you present to me, here.   But that is good to know you are now doing a 180 degrees turnaround, you didn't sound like this a few posts back.   I would again like to point out that no matter how many measurements and graphs of data you place up to me, the conclusions you draw out of there are...
Yes I did not perform a double blind, only a blind, stupid Senjy bandying words around. I miswrote. That happens. I'm sorry. I will not edit it away so you can all laugh at me.   However Liamstrain, you're missing the point..........   If you do not trust your own ears, whose are you going to trust? Other people's ears? Or perhaps the marketing department of 'such and such headphone amps'?   Should you not be listening to your own judgement, since it is going to be you...
      Forgive me, but I see the word 'potential' in every thread regarding the AKG K702 with amp. Have yet to read one that doesn't (would be hard pressed to find such a thread). Even if I am wrong about that, it is still a widespread opinion regarding the K70X, am I wrong?   Measurements, data, tech sheets, etc. are great - but they are only figures in a vast sea of factor contributing to sound. Double blind testing is an 100% certain test, I know no one else who would...
Yes it is...yes it is. I think it's wonderful how nowadays engineers have this amazingly generous mindset, they don't mind giving away their own research or revealing to us the issues that they discuss between themselves, in comparison to the old days when everything was hush hush trade secrets inner circle my camp vs your camp n all.
Oh of course crossfeed or a similar effect (whether intentional or from a bad amp) will affect the soundstage, but that should never be built straight into an amp without the choice...and if it is a bad amp, well I am not comparing that.  As I have stated before, you are going to hear a difference between ur laptop and an amp. Same deal with a bad amp..   I was talking about (in my most recent post) the difference between low-end amps and 'mega buck amps', as Wapiti...
    It is comments like this all over every thread on the internet. Listen to me. In simple terms, your headphone creates a stereo image by playing an instrument louder in one ear than the other, or at the furthest extreme (hardpanned), only in one ear. How in the freaking hell can you improve your sound stage depth, imaging, etc. when all it is volume controls for L&R. The amplifier is not going to physically push those drivers further away from your ear. Where do you...