Posts by DaveA

Thank you to all Head-fi'ers for helping with my dilemna.    Hearing your reviews and ideas the EQ-7, HA-FX700, and SM3 V2 seem like the pool I am swimming in right now. I am also adding the little known contender/ back-bencher J-Phonic K2 SP to the mix for the reason that they use the 2Max drivers in a universal design and don't seem to favour any frequency, except maybe for slightly forward mids. Unfortunately however there are only two...
SO I'm hearing E-Q7, SM3, RE272, GR07 as palpable options and that the sound isolation of HA-FX700 isn't as bad as 60% of the reviews out there? When I listen to music, I want the experience of feeling as if I'm in a concert hall listening to the band play. I also have the money right now for only one IEM.  It sounds like HA-FX700 is more a concert experience than any other phone but the problem is for commuters that it wont hold up at all in the isolation department as...
Great, just great ! Thank you all. These are some well thought out suggestions. Any other ideas of what's better than the Sen IE8( $399) and ER4-P($200) for the money. I also thought about going with the 1964 - T Custom as it will run me 350$ plus cost of ear molding. But I might not be ready for a custom set yet. But this is definetly a keeper, one time buy and I want to get it right and have it last for several years, or until it dies. I'm not about acquiring several...
Hello all,    This is my first post and I am quite excited. I have recently forayed into the world of quality audio and it has definetly changed my music listening for good. I am ready to make my first substantial purchase in the field of IEM's and need a bit of guidance. My music listening consists of pretty varied genres From Blues to Jazz, R&B, Indie rock, alot of live concert stuff, Rock, a little bit of folk, some acoustic guitar tracks, and the odd bit of...