Posts by akong

Hi guys,   I only have a portable rig right now, and that's probably not going to change anytime soon. I currently amp my headphones through an iBasso D-Zero. It works well, but I'd like to upgrade to better sound. I've never had a "proper" high-end amp before, so I'd like to see what I'm missing out on. The caveat is that it still has to be portable, because the bulk of my listening is done on the go.  I've heard a lot about how warm and nice sounding tube amps...
Hi guys,   So I've narrowed down my next set of cans to either the Denon D2000 or the Hifiman HE-400. Heard great things about both, but I'm honestly stuck. They both have their own great traits, and I just can't decide. I'll be amping them out of an iBasso D-Zero. Can some owners or people with experience with these cans chime in and persuade me, or offer some advice and info on the sound signatures, what each one does best, etc?    Thanks! 
Hmmm, good to know. That narrows it down then, haha.  Thanks! 
I'll be driving them with a iBasso D-zero.
Well I've narrowed it down to either the Denon D2000s or the Sennheiser 600s. Would the sound of the Senns be described as laid-back and neutral? I would like a slightly clearer sounding headphone for acoustic, but definitely not a boring one. How does the hd600 compare to the hd598? What does each do better than the other? How do the mids and vocals compare?
Hi guys,    So I'm treating myself for my birthday with a new pair of headphones. I listen to rock, alternative, and acoustic. I have rock and alternative pretty well covered with my V-Moda M80s and Grado 225i, so I'm looking for something that does acoustic very well, but preferably not at the expense of rock. Full, rich, beautiful mids are a huge plus, although I don't want to pin down my search to those alone.   Here's what I'm looking at:  Sennheiser...
iBasso D-Zero and Neutron Music Player (i've tried it with multiple).  USB Audio worked fine on stock and Samsung based roms, but I'd really like to have this awesome rom as well as USB audio.
  I installed the rom, but this doesn't seem to be working. After I plug in the DAC (while the audio is playing) it pauses, but after I unpause it, no sound comes through my headphones. And then when I unplug the DAC, my phone freezes and I have to hard reboot. 
Yep, there is, but it's version 3.1something and doesn't have USB audio, I just checked. Super sexy ROM though. I've had to miss out on AOSP / CM goodies and be stuck with a Samsung based ROM, because that's the only one that supports USB audio :( Hopefully he'll port the 3.55 version to the AT&T variant soon!      Thanks! :D 
Do you have the international version of the S3?  Can you link me to the rom? Is it this one? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1745003 Will this rom still work on the at&t s3?  Thanks