Posts by JamesHuntington

Gotta have a good closed hp, why not a yamaha?
Been on a heavy psychedelic kick lately and watching a video of Anton Newcombe who recommended The KBV, The Dead Skelatons, Les Big Bird. Then discovered The Janators and Sunn.
I give no instance to how much loss or gain for a reason. I just stated my opinion. If anything, stated differently, is that above average cables will not bring down the quality as much as average cables. Your second paragraph I agree for the most part. In the case of extreme myth busting, cables are not going to make a product better than its capacity. They may, though, bring a product to its capacity. But it's hard to gauge this idea without looking at every product...
i don't stream or download with sq in mind, and very rarely for checking out new artists. I don't Bluetooth at all. I like cables, good or average, better than wireless. Can I prove wireless has more distortion in signal than wired, not really. But any music I stream is 320k or worse, and music I play wired is 320k or better, so I say I got wireless beat at minimum. IMO a wireless system worth listening to is more than I want to spend.
Cable believers have extra money. But they usually put more into components than the Bosers.Bose sells the whole set up and askes the consumer not to think and take their word for it.Cable buyers may just be thinking too much. But there is some science behind both, and some faith. There's faith in about any purchase.I don't think thicker or special material cables will improve sound in electronics as much as I believe average cables will bring down the quality of good...
I don't see Any forcing false ideas. From my perspective I agree with him because it seems like he has some I the same basic knowledge that I have , but is much more knowledgable. I say basic knowledge, because I actually consider most of his opinion to be undoubtably true basic knowledge. Some of his opinions I have no experience, so I try to understand him.IMO I see just as much myth in cheaper audio as I see in expensive gear....
I believe time tells, to some extent. When companies use cheap parts, I notice because I keep my stuff. A well made product gets better with time.As for testing new technology, I support it. But when companies try to fool people with look-alike parts and etc, that is where we should focus.
If your product uses parts that sound perfect at purchase, then break or change over time, then whatever I guess. Or if you string along a bunch of junk to counteract junk and perfect sound comes out, done?There's a reason people like older products and technologies, because they've stood the test of time. And a reason why designs are copied, because they work great. Just because this is a science thread doesn't mean we have to debate everything, some ideas can and are...
I'm meaning you as in the person I'm quoting. A lot of people can't tell that Bose are junk, that's not my problem.
just because you don't/can't hear it doesn't make it imaginary. Quality Capacitors are very important. The problem comes with the use of junk materials and the problem is real. The answer Many suggest to the problem is to avoid going backwards, so to say, by using cheap material or products that put profit first.