Posts by doco

so it seems like the MULLARD ECC88 / 6DJ8 A-frame tubes get lots of love for this tube usb dac. is that correct? i'm thinking of getting them. right now there's a pair for $73 and wanted to ask if it was a good price for a pair of them. getting my aune t1 from massdrop so i have plenty of time to decide from upgrading the 6922 tube it'll come with.
i just noticed there is a slight channel imbalance on the right channel. i have to turn up the volume knob on the amp until i hear the right channel seems to even out with the left. anyone else have this problem? it's a bit annoying since i prefer to have windows and the source at 100% volume while controlling the volume with the amp knob.
     fanless means fanless. there is no fan inside the power supply. otherwise what you're saying is newegg and other online retailers are doing false      advertisements when they put zero fans in the specifications for fanless power supplies.   also a thumbs up for seasonic from me.
april fools!
you're doing it right. AD900X > HD650 when it comes to female vocals.
mine came in 2 hours ago as of this post. the amp makes the vocals on the AD900X stand out a little bit more than usual from what i'm used to hearing. it's a positive change for me. so far i like this dac/amp. will let it run more over the weekend before i get a good listening in.
it means your package is in customs, and they're filling out the form for the customs bill. whether you want to go pick it up yourself or wait is up to you. if you were in the U.S., it would get held up in customs 3-4 days, and then the local mail courier would drop it off.
sorry about that. i meant to type people will be using the headphone out most of the time along with the DAC section on the same PCB layout. but the original post i quoted also asked if it was to be used as a DAC mainly where as the headphone amp took second priority. i should have worded it more carefully to avoid misunderstandings like this.
mine hasn't been shipped out yet. i'm expecting it to ship monday in south korea. if anything... tuesday by the latest. if not, i'll be messaging audinst.
     no. you'd have to end up trying hard. like turning the volume amp knob 100%, and your OS sound at 100% along your player at 100% too. even then it might not kill it but a very good chance you could damage your low impedance headphone drivers if you tried the following.      people will be using this as an amp mostly. if people wanted to use this product as a DAC most of the time, then they should have opted for a dedicated DAC like the ODAC around this price range. i...