Posts by doco

what is the output impedence on this amp? and i'm curious how it'll pair up with the ODAC.
anyone try the LT1028 ACN8 on the i/v op amps? i'm curious to give it a go. there are the ones i have. there shouldn't be any problems if i put them in, right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/IC-2x-LT1028ACN8-DIP-single-Op-amp-Ultralow-Noise-/350529800392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519d3448c8
     i have both of the headphones, and i can tell you i only bring out the hd650 when i've had a very stressful day for some classical and laidback music. the ad900x in comparision keeps you engaged in the music. to put it short - they are not ANYTHING alike when it comes to their sound signatures. though i admit the HD650 excels in the classical music genre compared to the AD900X.   what i use to power the HD650 is ODAC + Asgard 1 if you wanted to know the gear driving...
that's a damn shame your optical input died. i use the optical input for the PS3 only, and i hardly use the game console at all unless there is a new JRPG i like. how many hours did you use the FP-02 via optical input?
well i put away the ad797. i didn't like it afterall. some frequencies were harsh and not smooth as i'd like it to be. LT1028 I ordered last week came in today and so far... i like! i can see why dsnuts was mighty impressed with them stuck in the FP-02. and the bass came back! i was using the stock op amp and missed the feeling of the bass a bit.. now i don't. again this was using the AD900X. i'm pretty much done on my journey for now unless there is another dac/amp that...
     I don't like the stock pads because most of the time I feel like they are resting on my ears after I take off the headphones. To put it visually, it seems to slide down a little without me noticing over time. Honestly, if I'm wearing my headphones for 5+ hours everyday after work, I don't need to feel it every time I take them off. My previous primary A900 headphone used the W1000 earpads, and the design ergonomics are pretty much the same with the W5000 earpads...
All of the new A***X and AD***X headphones AT released so far don't have removable cables. It would require a DIY. I can find a fault with the AD900X! I don't like its earpads afterall, haha. The W5000 Earpads I ordered two weeks ago should arrive this week. I'll post a picture or two showing how it fits and looks on the AD900X if people are interested.   And yes, AT gave me a reply saying the W5000 Earpads should fit. (Have to scroll down to the very bottom) Also they...
im still burning them in. better than when i first listened to them but not quite there yet. i already talked to dsnuts about the harshness i'm hearing when it comes to violin frequencies. it might be my imagination but they sound a tad sharp. he said for better or worse to let them burn in a little bit more. the ad797 gets warm but not hot like a gtx480.
looking into getting some better op amps than the stock amp (4556AD JRC) and wanted to see if anyone can recommend one for my taste. i like details, balance, natural, clarity, smooth (but not too smooth), and a bit on the bright side (but not too bright). would the LME49990 suit me well for this or?...   here is the layout of the board i will be placing it in and the ebay page of the specs for...
my ad797br came in yesterday, and i listened to dsnuts advice and decided to let the ad797br get used to the circuitry around it by playing music nonstop over the weekend. if i hear any kind of oscillation in the next week, this thread will be the first place i post.   i did find a VERY useful thread on ad797 but it is at least 3 years old, and i'm not sure if it's still relevant to the AD797s made today.