Posts by doco

I just wanted to clarify that it was for a like new item. I misread. Just got off a very long shift. That's what I get for not wearing my glasses.
you know what. life is too short and i had the upgrade itch the last few weeks anyway. this will be my (2nd) christmas present to me~ i'll probably end up grabbing that H10 amp next week as well. cheers!
i have a chance to get the HE560 for $695 shipped new. it sounds like a great deal to me since everywhere else i look is $899 new. how much of a difference can i expect coming from me using the HD650 for the past 2 years mainly for those who had the HD650 and the HE560? i'm on the edge of hitting that buy button.
i'm thinking about upgrading my DAC. i know it's been said many times the HD650 scales incredibly well with amplifiers but what about a dac? can i expect better scaling going from the ODAC to the uber bifrost gen 2 usb?
my soul tells me to hit that Buy button but my body is not willing. I'm just so paranoid about how i won't like the solid state sound after sticking with an OTL tube amp for so long. headphone is hd650 which is all i use these days.   quick someone give me that beatdown. btw i remember flysweep saying he was going to try balanced cables for this amp. was there any update on that?
mine arrived exactly like yours did teddyshot. same number on top but different number on the gray sticker. i wouldn't worry about it. mine came from razerdogaudio fyi before sennheiser became strict on retailers giving discounts on their headphones.   no seal on the box or a sticker i can see on or inside the headphone as far as i know on mine.
 definitely a thread worthy of my time reading through. but i must get some sleep for work tomorrow. thanks!
i've tried asgard beforehand and that was the asgard 1. not the asgard 2. the asgard was slow and made the hd650 very boring for me. it wasn't until i tried out OTL tube amps that i liked the hd650. unless they changed how the asgard signature works with asgard 2?
i'm possibly considering getting another amp that is a solid state for my hd650. atm im using the darkvoice 336se with 5998 and tungsol 6f8g to power it. it sounds fantastic but at some point i just want to be rid of worries when my tubes die and i go off looking for more and spending more $$$ than i should. is the burson soloist SL a great consideration for the HD650 as a solid state amp around the $600 range? i have the ODAC for a dedicated DAC.   thanks.
i'm looking to buy either a pair or one gec 6as7. it doesn't matter if it's curved or straight base. NOS or very strong results if possible. I live in the southern california area in the U.S. and i am paypal verified. i ask the same of the seller.   thanks.