Posts by doco

i've been thinking about getting a 6F8G to 6sn7 adapter and buying some 6F8G tubes. there should be no problems since they're the same from what i've read, right? this is the adapter i plan to buy   http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-gold-plated-6F8G-6C8G-TO-6SN7-tube-adapter-Free-shipping-/200905127802?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2ec6e0f77a
where did you guys buy the IM70? i searched CDJapan and they don't have it anymore.
thanks spacequeen7. i sent them an e-mail asking for a 5998 replacement with higher test ratings and used this thread (and your post) as a reference in my e-mail. now i wait to see how they will reply tomorrow. i mean their site says they store NOS and factory-new tubes. i knew the test results looked concerning and your post only confirmed my suspicion.
 both of those links don't mention a TS black glass 6sn7gt square plate. the second one doesn't even review a black glass at all. the reference thread only mentions a round and oval plate. more specifically on how the round plate sounds. i've looked through it before.
the tung sol 6sn7gt black glass SQUARE PLATE is NOT the same as the mouse ears physically. they're different. i searched the 6sn7 thread before and only saw mentions of TS producing a BG square plate but nothing on how it sounded like compared to the round and oval. unless you were quoting neogeo333 for the TS mouse ears. you stacked our quotes on top of each other making it seem like you were replying to both of us with those answers.
anyone happen to know how a tung sol 6sn7gt black glass square plate sounds? i've read some info there and here about the round vs oval, but nothing on how the square plate sounds.
5998 came in from vacuumtubes yesterday. the test result sticker on the box show as   gm - 13.25 / 13.55             85% plate current - 71.1 / 66.4      70% brand - Tung Sol construction - Black Plate   i'm guessing those are indeed NOS levels like their site says? i don't know much about testing tubes or reading tube test results. i'm a happy guy with the 5998 aside from being a little bit concerned about the test sticker result
well the bidding for that haltron 6as7g just expired a few mins ago as i type this. i had my eyes set on it too, but i'm unwilling to spend more than $140 + shipping on it.
bottlehead crack tube amp is a very very popular choice for the HD650. it should be anyones first choice if they really want to enjoy their HD650 for the price the amp is sold at.
media player classic