Posts by doco

mine arrived today and i just got off work. my initial impressions with this amp using the hd650 and ODAC and +6db settings are very impressive! it's not as fast as using a 5998 tube but almost there. bass doesn't hit quite as hard either but almost there also. vocals aren't a bit forward as i would like but that might change with burn-in. i most likely won't post any more impressions as i have a bifrost uber gen 2 usb arriving tomorrow and later the he-560 next week....
welp order the H10 just now. i will do the usual burn-ins for the he-560 and H10. happy holidays! it looks like i won't be disappointed when i read through the thread a third time.
Sorry all for the confusion. I also edited my post above but to say it again: I misread. Got off a very long shift and that's what I get for not wearing my glasses. Anyway I'm content with them like new at that price. Happy holidays all:) And now I go to sleep after a long day. I shouldn't even be up!
I just wanted to clarify that it was for a like new item. I misread. Just got off a very long shift. That's what I get for not wearing my glasses.
you know what. life is too short and i had the upgrade itch the last few weeks anyway. this will be my (2nd) christmas present to me~ i'll probably end up grabbing that H10 amp next week as well. cheers!
i have a chance to get the HE560 for $695 shipped new. it sounds like a great deal to me since everywhere else i look is $899 new. how much of a difference can i expect coming from me using the HD650 for the past 2 years mainly for those who had the HD650 and the HE560? i'm on the edge of hitting that buy button.
i'm thinking about upgrading my DAC. i know it's been said many times the HD650 scales incredibly well with amplifiers but what about a dac? can i expect better scaling going from the ODAC to the uber bifrost gen 2 usb?
my soul tells me to hit that Buy button but my body is not willing. I'm just so paranoid about how i won't like the solid state sound after sticking with an OTL tube amp for so long. headphone is hd650 which is all i use these days.   quick someone give me that beatdown. btw i remember flysweep saying he was going to try balanced cables for this amp. was there any update on that?
mine arrived exactly like yours did teddyshot. same number on top but different number on the gray sticker. i wouldn't worry about it. mine came from razerdogaudio fyi before sennheiser became strict on retailers giving discounts on their headphones.   no seal on the box or a sticker i can see on or inside the headphone as far as i know on mine.
 definitely a thread worthy of my time reading through. but i must get some sleep for work tomorrow. thanks!