Posts by wippo808

Good point.  Seems like most people find them amp/source-dependent.  I've only heard them un-amped myself but still liked them quite a bit. Oh, a couple others to consider are the CAL! and ATH M30, both of which also have updated models (though I haven't heard the newer ones).  IIRC the V6 is more forward with brighter treble than those two.
+2 to the Sony MDR V-6.  My dad uses them for the same purposes.  There's also the Koss Pro DJ100, which I believe comes with Koss' lifetime warranty.  Both are highly functional/durable, relatively neutral, and pretty subdued designs.
What's the return policy on David Luiz's transfer?
 Sounds like the DT880 is right up your alley if you can find it for the right price.  Look for the 250ohm Pro version. Although not amazing, the E10's are alright with the 250ohm.
 Pretty much this.  If you haven't tried it already, and you don't mind EQing, just bump up the upper mid-range and it should make quite a difference.
I think you probably made a good choice with the HD598's.  Definitely one of the more comfortable sets I've tried and its a pretty easy headphone to listen to IMO.  In the off-chance you don't like them, the Beyer line of DT770/880/990 are also extremely comfortable with roughly comparable sound quality.  Keep in mind that the 770's are closed, while the latter two are semi-open.  Oh, and the latter two will likely require an amp unless you get the 32ohm versions. That...
Grats on your T1, pretty jealous haha.  I actually have a set of HD600's heading my way right now so I'm glad to see it holds up well.  Even then, it's tempting to just sell everything and go all in for the T1 at that price.   On a side note, and it might just be me, but re-reading your description of the HD700 almost reminds me of the HE-400 (dark, V-shaped, peaky around 5-6k, quick bass decay). Maybe not every aspect but along the same lines.  Have you heard the...
Excellent write-up! Really like the overall presentation as well with a very well thought-out layout. Haven't heard either yet but kinda surprised you find the HD600 cleaner sounding, even with the treble spike and quicker bass decay in the HD700's.  Either way, sounds like the HD700 could be a nice complimentary headphone to a lot of higher-end sets since the sound seems kind of unique (maybe for those who want something Grado-esque but with better comfort).   Thing is,...
 The 60i or 80i are typically considered good entry points if unfamiliar with the Grado signature - thus, they're usually the first Grados most people end up with.  To get a worthwhile jump in detail, most find it necessary to go for the 225i at that point. Plus it comes with bowl pads which is an extra $20 anyways for the 60-125i (yes I get that the originally non-i 125 came with bowl pads too...not the point of my original post....). The 125i is known to be on the...
 Hahaha that's awesome.  Really curious about those now, especially for such a wallet-friendly price.  Does the top fold sit flush with the rest of the stitching though? From the pic, it looks slightly 'off' (still awesome though, especially since it's all hand woven).