Posts by KimLaroux

I really have no clue how those power supplies are designed, and how much efforts you guys are willing to invest in this project. But reading this thread, I can't stop thinking about this:       If possible, I would try to move R2 to the amplifier side of the cable, so that the PSU regulates at this point, and not at its output. This way you really don't care about cable impedance as the PSU adjusts itself in consequence.    But then I have no clue if this is...
Guys, you do realize they are lesbians, right? As in, you got no chance. Just sayin'    My teddy would also love to try the V700DJ. He finds the Q701 way too harsh on his bear ears. Also, they are clamping a bit too tightly...  
Just showed up on my facebook feed...      Are these the discontinued V700DJ? Claimed frequency response down to 5 Hz... Geez I so wanna try these out.
The output jack is AC coupled, as the output goes trough a capacitor. What he's saying is, you need to connect the output jack's return to the 0V rail, not the -24 V. Otherwise you're biasing your headphones to - 24 V.   In your current setup, the drivers are modulating around -24 V instead of 0 V. It works but it's dirty. It's also unsafe as the jack's sleeve is -24 V and not 0 V.   You also need to connect the output capacitor's bleeding resistors to 0V and not -24...
 You're using a bridged dual 24 V supply to get the 48 V to power the unit? Have you had any issues with this setup? I've thought about it but figured the lack of proper ground could be an issue.
 Thank you.   
Wow, you did a nice, clean job. It looks really good.
 Can you be more specific? Where/what do you want me to measure?
 Thank you for the kind words and for giving me the opportunity to tackle this project.  I can't tell if the DoodleBug would help, as the problem seems to be with my computer. Fooling around with other USB devices, I was able to reproduce the problem, though not permanently as with the GrubDAC.  I have noticed an improvement when using a short usb cable, containing a ferrite, soldered directly to the board. My goal is to assemble the unit and encase it, then try a very...
Still untested, as my computer can't host the GrubDAC. Is it safe, for testing purposes, to power it from the 5 V rail of an ATX PSU, and sending it audio signal from my desktop DAC?