Posts by D2Cowones

btw .Sup, I 've seen you pair your ref5 with an spl auditor, do they pair well?  in my case will be a phonitor and senn hd800 too...
That's it, I got mine from Audio gd (V5) early this year, I can't be more pleased with it, but I went for 5.2 as I 've got recently a balanced amp.
  Thanks a lot rezolver, I hope too   My only concern is DAC19 is a piece difficult to beat in quality/cost ratio, but any improvement on it it worths, and I am sure Kingwa did it in this 5.2.
Some electronic units hasn't got switch off like Benchmark DAC, I ve got mine which is almost 6 years old, former owner and myself left it always plugged (just unplugged for vacation time, long weekends and so on) and any problem, but maybe these kind of units are specifically built for this.   BTW finally I pulled the trigger 
Thanks petemac, you are right, and with any new, I meant that his answer was one I was waiting for. It's really valuable that Kingwa don't overestimate his own products and even sometimes recommend to go for a smaller version.   On the other hand you are not helping me to avoid pulling the trigger !!!   Another topic I guess is important is that your ref5 was with double power supply for analog and digital which is not the case of 5.2, and I believe this Is a...
Finally I sent question to Kingwa and he kindly replied that 5.2 cooperates better in balanced and is a bit improvement over DAC19, so any new.   If I haven't got DAC19 I would pull the trigger directly  to 5.2 without any doubt, but actually I am enjoying a lot with my DAC19, and for balanced output I am using a benchmark, so I guess I will keep waiting for some opinions on 5.2 (if i can  )
  Very interesting petemac,   Actually I am enjoying a lot with my DAC19, but i am starting to be tempted by this unit as I have got recently a balanced amplifier, do you believe is worth the upgrade?   this new 5.2 has got a better usb receiver than the DAC19 but I am usually using spdif connection through a M2Tech hiface2 (with DIR module), so USB wouldn't be used, at least at the beginning.   thanks!
ups apologizes! I've just seen a new thread is already opened for 5.2  
New Reference 5.2 is out there ... http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/RE5.2/RE5.2EN.htm and it looks gorgeous!   Actually I am enjoying a lot with my DAC19, but i am starting to be tempted by this unit as I have got recently a balanced amplifier, does it worth the upgrade? , any tip will be welcomed..   this new 5.2 has got a better usb receiver than DAC19  but I am usually using spdif connection through a M2Tech hiface2 (with DIR module), so USB wouldn't be used,...
  Absolutely right, Death Magnetic has one of the poorest dynamic range measures in a recording   By the way, I shot the question regarding power output to Icon audio, maximum power of HP8 is 1 watt x channel.   Quote: