Posts by DanielKRego

Thanks for your impressions, that was a very good read. I'm off to do some more research based on your report I'm just puzzled that you found the E80 bass 'boomy', can't say I ever felt that over the year or so that I owned my pair.
Fellow audio professional here, what are your thoughts on the neutrality and accuracy of the P1?
OP, did you find a satisfactory IEM for this purpose?
What would those be? I'd consider the E80 build quality to already be very good, so that shouldn't be a big deal.
Any views on how this compares to the Audio Technica IM02? Same price range, similar premise, wondering how they stack up.
Thanks for your impressions. This is interesting, because I never perceived the E80's treble as bright.
That'd be excellent. I'm looking forward to your impressions.
No preference for housing shape, as long as they isolate well. They primarily need to be neutral and (mostly) true to the source, because I'll use them for stage monitoring and audio production and rough mixes while on tour. That, and my tastes have always been oriented towards neutrality. I should confirm that this doesn't mean the often bass-light presentation that some 'accurate' in-ears exhibit. If there's sub-bass whomp in the track, the IEM needs to bring the...
I just lost my Soundmagic E80 on the train and am looking to possibly upgrade, if I can find something that preserves the sound signature and strengths of the E80, while possibly improving on it on a technical level. I intend to use these as in-ear monitors for live performances, and for general listening. Things that are important: 1. A neutral, accurate sound signature without lacking presence in any area of the spectrum. 2. A realistic weight and body to the low-end,...
I just lost my Soundmagic E80 on the train and am looking to possibly upgrade, if I can find something that preserves the sound signature and strengths of the E80, while possibly improving on it on a technical level. I intend to use these as in-ear monitors for live performances, and for general listening. Things that are important: 1. A neutral, accurate sound signature without lacking presence in any area of the spectrum. 2. A realistic weight and body to the low-end,...