Posts by DanielKRego

After spending about six months with the GR07 MkII now, I feel that while the sub-bass is very well represented, the mid-bass area is lacking some body and weight, compared to my referencing my own production work against generally neutral headphones (Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro) and studio monitors.   What's the general consensus on tips that help fill out the mid-bass and bottom-end in general, from among the stock tips?
I agree, it's a fantastic IEM in that balance. Rin Choi's blog showed that some tips (notably MEElectronics triple flange) help open up the upper treble a wee bit. I'm trying to acquire those tips now. Difficult when you live in India!
I really like them. They are pretty much exactly what I wanted, the only deviation that the upper treble(12k and above) is a little laid-back from the ideal neutral benchmark. On the grand scheme of things though, they're definitely a neutral IEM, no question. Detailing and separation is fantastic. I don't notice a lack of depth in soundstage, it's about average there.
Hey zowki, I bought the GR07 MK2 several weeks ago, and a mild treble roll-off above 12k is exactly how I hear them. Do let us know how the MEElec tips help, if they do.
Thanks, FlySweep. At the moment, the only aftermarket tips I have are the black silicon ones I pulled off the Sony headset that came with my Xperia SL phone. The bores are slightly wider, and I do perceive a more open upper treble. Unfortunately, I don't feel any of the three sizes that came with the headset fit me very well. So I'm trading off a bit of isolation (and maybe a bit of lower bass presence) for the better upper treble presence. Not the ideal situation.
Speaking of wider bores, does anyone know if the actual genuine Sony Hybrids have wider bores than the fake Hybrids supplied with the  GR07? Or are they the same?   I live in India, and it's extremely difficult to source most of the wider bore tips here (immense international shipping costs).
My GR07 MkII arrived yesterday. Right out of the box (no significant burn-in time yet), these sound fantastic to me. So far, the only real shortcoming I hear to these, in terms of sound signature is that the upper treble, say 12k and above, is a little laid-back to my ears. Nothing severe, not really rolled-off, just a bit laid-back. EQing the GR07 does help mostly, but I'd prefer to try and enhance the upper treble response acoustically, instead of...
My GR07 MkII arrived yesterday. Right out of the box (no significant burn-in time yet), these sound fantastic to me. So far, the only real shortcoming I hear to these, in terms of sound signature is that the upper treble, say 12k and above, is a little laid-back to my ears. Nothing severe, not really rolled-off, just a bit laid-back.    What tips would help out with increasing the upper treble presence? Among the stock tips, as well as aftermarket ones, that is.
Hello everyone, I decided a week ago, to go with the VSonic GR07 MkII. By all accounts, they weren't going to be perfect, but they seemed like they'd be the ones that'd disappoint me the least, among the competition (HiFiMan RE-400, Ortofon e-Q5).    They arrived yesterday, and they live up to that promise. I love them. They're pretty much everything I wanted. I've only had them for a day, so they haven't really burned in yet, but so far, the only real shortcoming I...
I'd agree with that, the section where the cable enters the housing, under the memory wire, looks and feels fairly fragile to me. Especially since to wear the R-50 normally, this memory wire portion has to be manipulated and bent to act as an earhook.   My R-50 came shipped to me with a manufacturing defect right out of the box, though (loose cable in left ear, sound cutting off intermittently).