Posts by gurus

Looks like the HE1000 lacks dynamic range making it sound less "live" or engaging as posted by several beta testers.  Generally classical music has the widest dynamic range and the better recording techniques used for recording classical music bring the performance home in hi-end setups.. Go to a high end audio show and most demo material is classical music for a reason. Dynamic range is the difference between the quietest and loudest volume of an instrument, part or piece...
Another way to cut cost and increase bass using the Mundorf wire is to replace the ground with copper (instead of the Mundorf). You might loose some air/sparkle at the top end tho.
Thanks plakat and Nomax for their favorable impressions. That kind of seals it.
 Can you check out the Pioneer Se-Master1 as I would like to order one by the weekend so that I can get a low serial number. Any impressions would be most welcome.
  O-Oh It means I will have to sell my TH900, just when I found the sweet spot with Mullard D getter 12au7  in my amp. Somebody described the soundstage as better than the HD800, if that is to be believed.
Yes I did. The link to the lowest priced dealer (yodobashi.com) was broken so I went with Fromjapan as they are great at refunding the money and they had a promotional discount going on at the time which brought the price down by $150+ over buying from Pricejapan.   I will wait for a few days now to get some more opinions on the HP but all so far have been positive. One comparison with the HD800 gave the advantage to the Pioneer and Audio.de gave it a 97 . More of a...
 A big thanks!
Looking forward to it !
I was going to get a HE1000 but since it is a few months away I pre-ordered the Pioneeer SE-Master1 but no luck so far. Same with a couple of other retailers, they will not take any more orders.   "This is an automated email sent from www.fromjapan.co.jp] Thank you very much for using FROMJAPAN.CO.JP We regret to inform you that the item(s) you requested has been either discontinued by the supplier, deleted or outbid. A refund has been sent from our system to your...
First Review:     Magazine | Newsletter | Contact OK IMAGE AND SOUND MOBILITY COMPUTER     Home / Mobility / Headphones [ Monday, April 20, 2015] by Jean-Pierre Labro Testing the Pioneer SE-Master 1: audiophile high-end           Pioneer revives its tradition of audiophile headphones manufacturer. Its latest model, the...