Posts by soundstige

It changes your perception of volume. You're right that 60db on the eardrum from 100 feet away is the same as 60db on the eardrum from 2 inches away, but you are less likely to perceive something nearby as being at the same volume.
It's an uninterrupted stream of acoustic energy. Ambient noise like speaking, cars, birds, etc are not uninterrupted. An uninterrupted session of TV, radio, etc will do the same kind of damage if close to the ear.
There is plenty of risk if the listening is uninterrupted for long terms. Even barely-audible whisper quiet music will affect hearing if listened to for 10+ hours.
I'm really sorry to hear all of this. I don't wish this fate on anyone. I've had the bottom line of my signature in there since day one, and I hope people take it to heart. It's more important than any equipment information I may include.
That is a bit misleading, because they are extremely hard to drive, and are a dynamic driver with much lower detail output than the HF/ER series, though having a slightly similar sound signature.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/658221/fitear-111
First off, love your name, been a fan since Seas of Cheese. But no, the 215 and 535 use entirely different drivers, technologies, tunings, casings, etc.
Author can't discern between "successor" and "predecessor", and I could easily tell the difference between my HF5 and ER4 when I had both...
Lol lol lol, lol?
InCase Pivot. Sounds like the SR80i at around $20.