Posts by soundstige

Selling my pair of HD600. Very good condition, I would say about 85% original. There is a 1" patch of worn finish on part of the headband, and there are two 1/3" long, hairline cracks in the headband that are only visible when flexed (more than for me to wear them).   No box or accessories included, only the headphone and original cable terminating in 1/8" standard plug. Insured shipping is included to anywhere in the USA. The headphone will be packed VERY carefully....
Hello all! I'm testing the waters for sale of my Etymotic ER4S. It is in perfect working order and has served me extremely well for almost a year. This is the model with the red/blue connectors and black cable with grey Y-split.   It comes with all the Etymotic tips, replacement filters, other accessories, the original box, a set of 8 Westone True-Fit tips (mix of silicone and foam) that fit perfectly and I prefer to Etymotic's, and free USA insured, tracked, Priority...
Enter: the review! Thanks so much to gnarlsagan for letting me audition his beloved Rockets. It was a blast!   PREFACE First, a little back story about how I was able to test these out. I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a pair of the Rockets by way of the graciousness and generosity of fellow member gnarlsagan. I've traded with him before – notably the first pair of Etymotic ER4S I owned. His life was changed ever since, he says, in a way similar to mine. The...
 Oh, woops, I didn't even see that lowercase a for the XBA-A3 model number in the post I quoted. I was actually talking the whole time about the XBA-3/30. http://iannine.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/sony-xba-31.jpg Also, the EX600 I had definitely didn't lack on clarity. I actually have no good reason why I sold it, it was perfect for the price I paid (about $125). This was over 2 years ago and I guess I didn't know any better
 Probably not better than the Altone based on reviews, and definitely not better than the UE900. I had one for a few months and it was very fun but only worth about the $75-100 asking price. AndroidVegeta, I feel the DN-2000 is also a good place to start, but haven't gotten one yet. I had the EX600 for a few months and it's said to be similar to the EX1000 just not as refined, and I thought the EX600 was world class. Also a good contender.
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread Many members are describing them as some of the best earphones they've ever heard. Lifetime warranty, solid metal housings, waterproof, the whole nine yards.
 Yeah, the Aurisonics Rockets. Seriously. They're $249 unfortunately, but are exactly what you just described.