or Connect

Posts by soundstige

I'll do some direct head-to-head ER4S comparisons for you tomorrow mate.
I should note that generally speaking, the very first thing you'll probably notice upon listening to this IEM is "wow, it's treble-forward, I'm not used to that" and you may have a feeling of uneasiness from being unfamiliar with it -- or maybe you've had bad experience with other treble-forward IEMs that also became sibilant, lacked mids, lacked bass, etc.   However, the second thing you'll notice is "this treble does not sound like ANY other IEM I have ever heard...
 The weight of the bass is seriously perfect. It's actually the thickest and most resonant when the song has that much volume in the sub-200Hz section, among any IEM I have, and the thinnest when there are only light, quiet notes of bass. The weight of the mids is maybe the only criticism I can think of right now. I have a few other IEMs that have more "realistic" representation when the mids ask for it (like belting out power notes etc.) -- my HiFiMan RE-252 and RE-262...
 I'm a proud owner of the Etymotic ER4S for over 3 years.... it's the same story all over again, just with different characters... the treble extension and clarity is improved in the P1, the soundstage is GREATLY widened and deepened in the P1, and the P1 has real, authoritative bass response, and ONLY when called on by the song. I'm really shocked, frankly.
 I also had the GR07 for about six months. I love the GR07. Frankly I'd say the GR07 beats the IM02, but not in every way. GR07 has a really nice natural flow to it, though  it can be sibilant at times (and real sibilance, not just "strong treble presence"). The IM02 just tended to sound artificial in comparison to the GR07, though the IM02 had more "seductive" bass, one could say. As far as the GR07 vs P1 goes, the P1 definitely have more treble extension than the GR07,...
 I owned the IM02 for about a month. Don't bother. They're fairly similar sound signature, and the P1 is more competent in literally every way. They're not even in the same class. The P1 exceeds the IM04 which I had for about 3 months.
 Wow, I really have to thank you for asking that question. For the past two hours, I've been listening to some of my metal collection. I tried to really range the styles from Dio to Iron Maiden to Faith No More to Fall Of Troy to Iced Earth. They are hands-down the best IEMs I've ever used for metal, for two main reasons: they don't over-accentuate bass, the bass just sounds like a bass guitar or synth as it should; and because the treble extension gives the guitar such a...
These are seriously getting a lot of headspace with me.... I have an FLC8S and Fidue A83 next to me that are being neglected.... the P1 don't really sound like any other headphone I've ever heard. They're so detailed and cohesive.
 I made sure I had a perfect seal. It's simply the character of silicone versus foam.
Been listening to these on and off for a day now. Some very important things I've noticed.   The silver-plated cable is arguably of much higher quality, and it considerably extends the FR on both ends -- bass dips deeper and highs reach further. HOWEVER, I find it to tip the scale of harsh and make the P1 too treble-heavy to listen to. I have five total MMCX cables (partially by accident), and all four other ones "reduce" the extension a little, but I only find it to...