Posts by soundstige

They could win the $1,000,000 Randi Prize if so - I doubt they'd spend their time saving a few dollars on a headphone with their powers.
This is kind of a silly question. You've already waited a while, just wait some more. In a week you'll have your decision made for you.
You can always shop for closed-type, circumaural full sized headphones. Something like Incase Sonic comes to mind.
The crackling is just the sound of the needle picking up scratches or other defects on the record surface. They become a permanent part of the music in vinyl rips and any codec will retain them unless it completely destroys all the rest of the musical information.   Vinyl rips are great for a warm feeling and high dynamic range, but they're nowhere near as clean as digital recordings because of issues inherent in their playback.
Well, 2 of those members are banned I believe....
I'm selling 4 headphones that I absolutely love but don't find the time for.   Etymotic ER6 This is the original version with what some say are superior drivers comparable to the ER4. I would agree with this description. They come with as many new, unused Etymotic-original tips as I can find. Probably 1 or 2 pair. They come with the original soft case as well. Price is $80 shipped and PayPal'd in the USA.   Etymotic ER6i This is the updated version of this IEM...
 Import it. And do exceed 100 dollars. It's worth it. The other IEMs you're mentioning don't come close at all.
Just go a little higher and get the TDK BA200 at about $129. It is over the ear, Y-split, flat tangle-free cable, warm+sweet, excellent isolation, excellent sound stage, airy, fairly well built, and very detailed.