Posts by soundstige

It very may well be. I would strongly suggest using it. It is reversible (as long as you don't embed it as a DSP) -- i.e., it's just part of the file's tag like Artist and Album, that most players can read and accommodate, and can be removed at any time. It's no more processing than changing the filename or ID3 info.
 Actually that's the thing I would think to be the least likely possible -- they all use the same hardware and firmware and are produced in mass quantity. The most likely is that your chosen audio files don't have their volume gained up to maximum. Try using ReplayGain. The second most likely is probably that you have a higher threshold of hearing from age, overuse, occupational damage, etc.
These headphones sound AMAZING. Beautiful sub-bass-centric signature with sparkly treble. I just rediscovered them in my collection and had to speak up!
 4-7 (out of 30) is normal listening volume on my Ruizu for all of my many 22-40ohm IEMs, and 10 is plenty for my Sennheiser HD598 (50ohm and non-isolating). For my Clip+ (with Rockbox) I would regularly be at 18-28 (out of 40) for the same files and same IEMs/headphones. Keep in mind audio files have different volume levels within them, and if you're using line-out to an under-powered set of speakers that's another big differentiator. And not to be insulting, but you...
 I think classical is one of the best genres for the RE400 personally. The timbre in the mids and upper mids is fantastic. The only easily remarkable thing is the lack of bass impact for the lower string notes.
 They are much different and IMO (owning both) much better. The only place the RE600 might lack compared to the GR07 is treble forwardness (not detail or quality), and the GR07 can be sibilant at times as it is...
Burn in can fix anything, if you just believe~
 Pres "VOL" to go back/up a menu screen. You should get to the icon screen by pressing it a few times. "M" (possibly for Menu) is kind of only for the "now playing" screen.
It's weird, my RE600 have unbeatable treble extension, surpassing even my Etymotic ER4S and the RE-ZERO of yore. I can easily hear every treble detail that I've ever heard with any other 'phone, and then some. However, the treble itself sits a little bit behind the mids and bass as far as overall reproduced volume. All this means for me is a complete lack of sibilance without losing any brightness or detail... hard for me to find a negative with that.
Just chiming in to say I've listened to Rockets and RE600 and I would take the RE600 over the Rockets any day. They are, overall, somewhat similar in presentation, but the RE600 is more detailed everywhere except some specific vocals/guitars, the RE600 has a much nicer and more accurate sound staging, and the RE600 fits a lot better for me. I'm sure the Rockets win in build quality, but I haven't had issue with my RE600 yet. Pure sound quality wise, RE600 is a step above...