or Connect

Posts by soundstige

They are, at the very least, a clone of the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5EB, if not the genuine article.   http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Extended-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009Q4PIS   The medallion on the face looks different from the original, and I've never seen these IEM in clear version, but it's so old it's hard to find good information on it.
 Resolution is about the same (or better on P1) everywhere except upper mids. Treble extension is similarly expansive, but I found PFE232 harsh where P1 is clean and smooth all the way. Otherwise they're fairly similar from what I recall.
 I agree with Shane. I would say the Rockets are a direct step up from IEMs like Tenore and Hifiman RE-400. Very similar vocal-centric signature with a more-or-less balanced but still n-shaped signature. While I vastly prefer the MEE P1 for my music over the Rockets, there's no denying it's an excellent performer for the particular sound you mention.
 I own the HP50 (and the PSB M4U 1) and can confirm this sentiment.
 iPhone 6 would definitely get you to ear splitting volumes on the P1. An extra amp would likely give you a bit more realistic presentation, but I haven't heard the iPhone 6 to compare.
 Yes naturally! Sub-bass is still part of the audio spectrum -- and with the P1 you can actually hear it!
 *Proctologist. Don't worry, it's easier after spending so much money in gear 
 I wouldn't use water because it can short the electronics out and takes a long time to evaporate (especially inside small electronics) and could very well rust before evaporating. Alcohol is more astringent and capable of removing gunk and it evaporates thoroughly in minutes.
 I owned the Rockets for about 2 months. There's no comparison. Rockets are nice and detailed and have an inoffensive "smooth" signature, sure, but P1 are much more detailed, have real sub-bass presence, much greater treble extension, wider sound stage, and a lot better tracking of background instruments/microdetail where other IEMs would get hazy/busy sounding. The only thing Rocket might do better is their midrange and we're splitting hairs at that point.
Just chiming in to say the Steelseries Flux Pro is a GREAT sounding IEM! Was my favorite for a while with how detailed it was.