or Connect

Posts by soundstige

Need? No, definitely not with something like the X5ii. High Gain will probably be desired though. The types of devices you'd "need" amping with when using the P1 is stuff like TVs, cheap phones, laptops, etc.
 The P1 isn't "painful" per se, but I have the M6 Pro and P1 and if you think the M6 Pro has harsh highs (I find them quite smooth), I really don't think you'd find the P1 suitable.
 No.
 In every way IMO. You'll have to hear it to see it 
 From what I remember P1 has fairly similar bass quantity to GR07.
 I made some comparisons earlier in the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794787/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-new-199-dynamic-driver-flagship/180#post_12335587
 That's only because with your examples, there is no singular: there isn't "a pop" or "a trance" (related to music) or "a hiphop". There is such a thing as "a ballad", it's a specific piece of music. "Ballads" is perfectly accurate; in fact, saying "the genre of ballad" sounds weird.
 So... what are you offering to someone looking to buy the ER4?
 The P1 has, if I really had to put a wild number on it, about half the bass of the A73. For bass volume only, A73 > A83 > P1 > ER4. A73 and A83 are kind of unrefined compared to P1 and ER4.
 I have the ER4, A73, A83, and P1. A73 cannot really be compared to the other three IMO. Too harsh, too unrefined in comparison. The A83, ER4, and P1 are all excellent midrange performers. A83 has a very definite V shape, ER4 has a flat signature, and P1 has a mostly-flat signature with mild bass boost around 60-100Hz and a tiny dip in upper mids. The treble on the P1 is easily the most refined and detailed. Bass on the A83 is louder and thumpier but not as tight as the...