or Connect

Posts by NoxNoctum

I mostly listen to black metal (and some thrash/black) - soundwise I'd want something like the HE-6 in terms of where it is on the light/dark spectrum. It has to be earbuds though not IEMs because I need to be able to hear people around me at work (that's all this is for). Either that or some sort of open IEM design which I believe I've seen a few times. Also needs to sound good at a fairly low volume. I listen to music at work like 5-6 hours a day so I've been thinking I...
I know this is for full size headphones, but I'm guessing you guys are knowledgeable about high end earbuds as well. What would you suggest for metal? I mostly listen to black metal (and some thrash/black) - soundwise I'd want something like the HE-6 in terms of where it is on the light/dark spectrum. It has to be earbuds though not IEMs because I need to be able to hear people around me at work (that's all this is for). Either that or some sort of open IEM design which I...
There's a specific sound that one of my headphones gives to distorted electric guitars that I really like, but I have had difficulty identifying it by messing around with EQ. Any suggestions? I'd like to pump the frequency once I figure it out in my other headphones.
Ok so I just put in rb's famous HG Russian tubes for the first time. Damn this is good. I'd been so happy with the '74s that I figured I'd just get very used to them and then try out the HGs but looks like I've been missing out ;).    On a separate note -- what do you guys recommend for long term storage of Lyr size tubes? Since I first got the Lyr I now have several other much more expensive amps but the Lyr with these Russian tubes continues to have a very specific...
Yeah I have Grado SR325is (gold ones). About to put up my Audio-GD amp for sale which should allow me a budget of around $1500. 
Are there amps you guys could recommend that sound fantastic with more or less all Grado HPs or is the line simply too diverse for that? (newbie here)
My main DAC is the Gungnir. Would the Liquid Carbon be a suitable amp for a wide range of Grados just in case I end up going up/down/laterally through the brand or do they all differ too significantly? 
I know these are both somewhat older posts but I hope you can possibly give me some advice. I recently bought some SR325is looking for something with a very aggressive treble sound for punk and some kinds of metal (stuff like Destroyer 666, crossover thrash and things of that ilk). I actually find that I prefer my lowly HD595 amped through my Schiit Lyr to the HE-6 for one Destroyer 666 album (the one with the worst production) and a good deal of punk. I wish I had the...
I wonder if anyone here has tried them with a Schiit Lyr by any chance (SR325is)? I have and it is *way* too bright with the Lyr. Running direct into my fiio player the brightness sounds just right but I still want it amped to get the most I can out of it.  I just hesitate to go with the Magni because it might be too much? If anyone has tried with both the Lyr and Magni and can give me a rough comparison that would be great. I am using the Gungnir DAC for everything though...
So I'm trying to decide on an amp for my Grado SR325i  (the gold ones). I see a lot of people recommending the Little Dot Mk I. Is there any reason to consider the later iterations in that amp series (MK II. etc.) or not?    I'm using this pair of HPs exclusively for punk pretty much. Basically want it as aggressive as possible.