Posts by NoxNoctum

So I got my X3 a week and a half ago. I like it a lot soundwise but I have noticed that it seems to "hiccup" occasionally on songs (basically I hear the first split second of a song and then it repeats itself and plays normally). It seems to only be on a couple albums though, though this could be my imagination. I am still on internal storage as I have not bought a card yet. Anyone experienced this? What can I do? Maybe I just need to update the firmware... (still haven't...
Ok thanks.   Having slightly worrying issue though, I tested my sennheiser HD595s with it first, and it worked fine.    Now I'm trying it with my Yuin pk3s and it just makes this weird ticking sound and I can't hear anything coming through the earbuds. What gives?   edit: Nevermind, I didn't have them plugged in all the way :P. I guess the clicking in something indicating this? Went away once I plugged them in completely.
So I just got my X3 in the mail, can anyone tell me what the two thin plastic strips are for? 
I thought IEMs were mostly for musicians playing live, but some googling shows that I'm wrong :). I'm open to either really, just throw out some suggestions. 
This is mainly just for work and possibly running/working out. Normally I listen with my sennheiser HD595s but I can't bring those to work.   I don't want to spend a ton of money on these, but I do want something that sounds decent. In my (extremely limited) experience with earbuds, they always have sounded terrible.
Hey I'm considering buying either this or the Fiio X3... can anyone make some comparisons in sound quality etc? I'm a newbie to the audiphile world, though I've always loved really good sound quality, I don't really understand a lot of the technical terms that some people use on this forum. My primary headphones are sennheiser HD595 so I'll be using those with whichever DAP I buy. I will probably be using a headphone amp as well.   Also, this might be a dumb question,...
I need a music player mostly for work and possibly working out/running (though that's secondary---if I need to I can get something else just for that), that's at least fairly portable, and somewhat durable. My biggest concern though is excellent sound quality. Decent storage size would be nice, though I don't intend to fit all my music collection on it. Being able to play flac and a variety of lossless and non-lossless music files is a big plus. I'm leaning towards the...
bump
I started a new job recently where they let us listen to music while we work, but only in one ear unfortunately, so headphones are out. Most of the earbuds I've used in the past have had terrible sound quality, so if anyone can recommend something decent I'd appreciate it.   Also I need some kind of MP3 player as I lost my old one. Most of my music is not with me, so I'm probably just going to sign up for spotify premium for a few months, so it needs to be compatible...