Posts by NoxNoctum

I'm getting popping noises with my new DAC and it seems from looking around a bit that the USB connection from PC to DAC is likely the culprit. What would be my best option as an alternative to USB?:   DAC specs:   http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB732/NFB7.32EN.htm   Motherboard specs:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157503   Thanks.
So I just got an Audio-gd NFB7 in the mail and I'm having some strange issues with it. My system is PC>NFB7>Master 10>HE-6 or LCD-3.    When I first set up the NFB7 there was no issue, but as soon as I set it as the default audio device in Windows XP the problem started.    Basically what happens is I get this strong buzzing effect and really bad sound distortion sometimes. Oddly enough, closing whatever program I'm using to play my music and then restarting it seems...
Is it normal for the LCD-3 to push into the foam? I was getting kinda paranoid about perhaps not having shoved them down deep enough...   On my LC2 rev 2 case there are very visible indentation marks (it's flat unlike the LCD-3 foam cover).
It has to be earbuds too, this is for work so I need something that doesn't block outside sound. Budget is $200 with a bit of wiggle room.
So I'm on the trial period ATM, it won't let me set to lossless, only 320kpbs. Do I have to actually pay for a month for it to let me use lossless option? And yes I'm using chrome.
Could I be causing any minor damage by wearing glasses on while listening? I ask because I can tell my glasses are pushing against the HPs a bit...
Alright so Crutchfield is sending me a vegan -- I will have both at same time for a few days so I can compare. If that fails I'll try the stretching + inserting a Hifiman ring that a few people suggested. Also just got this from Audeze -- anyone tried what they're suggesting?: Anyways thanks for all the help everyone.
Awesome thanks! On a totally different issue-- are the cables that ship with the LCD-2s and LCD-3s totally identical? I mixed up mine and I am returning the 3s to exchange them for a vegan version to see if that helps. Just want to make sure they are the same or that I put the right one with the 3s when I ship them out today...
How would I go about stretching it? I've never tried to mod a HPs so I need some guidance here if I'm going to try with a $2k one. EDIT: Also would it be worth exchanging them for vegan micro-suede pads? It seems they're supposed to be firmer so maybe that will keep the fazors further away? Do the vegan pads alter the sound signature at all?
I don't feel I have the experience to give a really informed opinion but I have compared the two and to my ears the 3f was infinitely more engaging and just way more fun to listen to, to put it in the simplest terms (including with EDM -- I was trying it with early Autechre FYI). I'm returning my X tomorrow. EDIT: Oops quoted wrong person initially there...