Posts by NoxNoctum

I'm going to try to post some detailed thoughts on them later on, in a head-to-head with my LCD2.2s and HE-6 but just wanted to throw up some quick feedback as well. Just got a pair of AKG K240 Sextetts (EP version) and so far my impression is that these things are ******* amazing for metal or aggressive guitar music in general (stellar for punk). The presentation puts the guitars as far forward as I think is possible while still having a big whollop of bass. In terms of...
Yes exactly!  Ok well sounds like you know exactly where I'm coming from then so I will definitely be grabbing a pair of those sextetts. PM-ed you.
Need some advice -- I've got a pair of of SR325i that took me a while to find/buy but I do not have a low impedance amp at the moment. Am I risking it using my Lyr (not the version with the gain switch)? I'm listening to it right now and have the dial on a very low position -- am I still putting them at risk? I've been meaning to get a more suitable amp (or the Lyr 2) but am waiting to make some sales on my current gear first.
I actually have a pair of SR325i which are awesome for punk, but not enough low end for metal. I've been too scared to listen to them through my Lyr though (I don't have a low impendance amp) so I haven't been able to really explore the sound so to speak. Waiting to make these sales on this gear before buying a more suitable amp.  Hmm thanks I'll check em out! What am I looking at amp-wise? Also -- side question, am I going to have an issue with guitars not being...
Already did :P. It still lacked what I was looking for compared to the HD595s unfortunately :(. I was thinking of experimenting with Grados, which didn't get good marks on here compared to some other stuff, but I've heard so many good things about them rock-wise.
So I'm probably going to sell my LCD-2fs for something else but I'm not sure what direction to head in. I'm keeping my LCD-2.2s (yeah I got both, a bit excessive) as they are unreal for certain kinds of hard rock and some very specific metal albums, as well as female vocals but I just find them too lacking in the treble department to really be good for metal (specifically mostly black metal, with a bit of thrash and crust/dbeat on the side). I've got an HE-6 as well which...
I've had this happen a few times now, the power flickers on/off and my amp turns itself on/off multiples in quick succession- not good! What do I need to have it stay off (and the PC as well for that matter - they're both plugged into the same surge protector strip)
I mostly listen to black metal (and some thrash/black) - soundwise I'd want something like the HE-6 in terms of where it is on the light/dark spectrum. It has to be earbuds though not IEMs because I need to be able to hear people around me at work (that's all this is for). Either that or some sort of open IEM design which I believe I've seen a few times. Also needs to sound good at a fairly low volume. I listen to music at work like 5-6 hours a day so I've been thinking I...
I know this is for full size headphones, but I'm guessing you guys are knowledgeable about high end earbuds as well. What would you suggest for metal? I mostly listen to black metal (and some thrash/black) - soundwise I'd want something like the HE-6 in terms of where it is on the light/dark spectrum. It has to be earbuds though not IEMs because I need to be able to hear people around me at work (that's all this is for). Either that or some sort of open IEM design which I...
There's a specific sound that one of my headphones gives to distorted electric guitars that I really like, but I have had difficulty identifying it by messing around with EQ. Any suggestions? I'd like to pump the frequency once I figure it out in my other headphones.