Posts by Norway

Cool! This is very interesting.   But now Violectric should correct the typo in "RISC OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK", which is also printed on the rear of my V200. It's risk, not risc :)
I hope they also incorporate backlit green text in the next D100 as it does not light up the green text like other McIntosh products. Wonder why they didn't use back light on the D100. Look at headphone, input, level etc. And then with another component.     Look at the text around the knobs.   PS: McIntosh is also introducing a pair of headphones and a headamp.   McIntosh has also revealed that it is developing its own headphone range to go with the MHA100....
 Yes, I was stupid enough to buy the cheap Chinese knockoff pads for HD 650/HD 600 on ebay. They are not the same quality at all and they won't even sit snug in the cup because the locking mechanism on them is a bit to big. They come popping out all the time. Will trim the plastic on them to see if it works out. Have also sent the seller a complaint. Bought thinking it would be fun to try something other than stock pads, and it's ok that they don't have the same quality...
Mirror, mirror on the wall, what's the lushest amp for HD 650?
Haha, absolutely :)
 Congratulations! :) I wonder how you will compare them to HE-500.  I know, right. I was also under the impression that it might be harsh and sibilant, but my perception is its nowhere close to that, it's rather smooth as you say. Weird how our perceptions are so diverging on the Conductor.
 I'll try using Conductor as a DAC for Mytek (it has an analog input) and vice versa to see if it's the USB module that rolls off the treble in Conductor or the amp itself. As stated earlier, when listening to WA2 with Conductor as DAC it seemed more rolled off than with other DAC's, so that made me suspicious. Will try more and report back to base, haha. I'm very sensitive to hot treble, but Taurus MKI has great hf extension without being sibilant – absolutely. When I say...
 The sharp contrast is that he does not think that Taurus is worth double the price, whereas you do. That's the sharp contrast. It's not a matter of degrees, when we're talking about 100 % more. But as you say, we're off topic and let us bicker like this over email like we usually do, rather than boring everyone else with it. Oh, I spent a lot of time with Taurus and remember it very well. I've not spent enough time with Conductor to say yet, but as far as the number of...
 I started the Auralic owners unite thread, and as you can see from all the images in the first post, I used AURALiC ARK MX+. Also tried Elektrocompaniet PD-1, Grace Design m903, Asus Xonar Essence One with various opamps, Mytek 192 STEREO DSD DAC. Believe that just about covers it. Conductor strikes me as less bright than MKI and brighter than Vioelectric V200. Conductor also has CM6631A USB Module, which may be a factor. Not saying Taurus is bright, just saying it is...
 Yes, there are two opposing views.  This stands in sharp contrast to what the guy I was referring to said about Taurus MKI vs Mjolnir. He wrote (in a thread we both were active in, in the Norwegian head-fi forums) that they were very similar, that the Taurus was only better by a hair and that it was not worth the money to upgrade. He bought Mjolnir new and Taurus used for about what Mjolnir retails for new, and then choose to sell Mjolnir and keep MKI for his LCD-3's.