Posts by audeo

I bought this many years ago but have since moved on to other amps. It has all the upgrades available at the time of purchase, including the internal DAC and Desktop Power Supply. All features are working EXCEPT the USB port, which is broken. I cannot test the coax, but the optical port works fine. It will cost at least $100 for Headroom to fix the USB port (non-warranty work and they estimate about an hour of work), so please don't plug in a computer and be surprised. I...
I've owned the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and 5.1. They were fine computer speakers, but I also had a B&W/Arcam system in the next room for actual music listening. I think you would be able to get much better performance from a bookshelf system, even if you don't go expensive. I had a friend with a Denon/Mission setup that was nice-sounding without getting too expensive. I used M-Audio's 2.1 monitors last generation, which I found too expensive for their performance. They...
Agreed. A problem I didn't know about before was telephone radiation. I have unshielded studio monitors for computer speakers, and I can tell when I get a phone call by the sound of crackling doom coming from the speakers about 10 seconds before it rings. So, don't leave a cordless or cellular phone near your speakers.
YGPM
Quote: Originally Posted by drarthurwells Still in development - soon to come out. I love my Lehmann (no USB) - nothing better. Click on link at top of site. But soon does me no good now . And the Desktop Maxed is much more than the Lehmann... unless the Lehmann's USB port is a $1,000 option. The Micro Stack is $600. That makes the Lehmann all the more exciting.
Quote: Originally Posted by drarthurwells Lehmann Black Cube linear - new model with USB as well as line inputs. I tried the Micro with Desktop module. Lehmann costs more but is much, much better - but not portable (except in a car with inverter). I saw that mentioned for the first time today. Where do you get them, with the USB input? There is a local dealer that sells Lehmann... have the new models made it to local dealers? (I will check...
Quote: Originally Posted by nblis So Audio, how do you like the DAC? I assume you put the maxed out dac? Can you compare it to any other dac? Also, do you use crossfeed? I'm just curious about your amp. Did you think about waiting and purchasing a home or max amp? Noel I played all day. I had the Grace m902, micro stack, and the Desktop Maxed here, and I brought in my Benchmark DAC-1 to compare. I also had the internal DAC from my Arcam...
(erased) What I said was true on Mac. I missed that you're on PC. Sorry.
Quote: Originally Posted by nblis So Audio, how do you like the DAC? I assume you put the maxed out dac? Can you compare it to any other dac? Also, do you use crossfeed? I'm just curious about your amp. Did you think about waiting and purchasing a home or max amp? Noel Well, my power went out before I was able to play much (just came back up today, actually), and my wisdom teeth all came out. I'm on vikadin, and sleep, and my teeth hurt...
Quote: Originally Posted by DatHak512 Does anyone know if the Desktop Amp comes with a USB cable? So far, i understand that it comes with the power adapter (15v wall adapter) and the amp. Anything else? No USB cable. And it takes the same digital-camera styled cable as the micro stack. I'm a college student too, and I went for the Desktop, but I Maxed it. It's still new, but it sounds nice. I would imagine, however, that the difference...