or Connect

Posts by eke2k6

Spent the weekend at Austin City Limits. I finally got to see some of my favorite bands in concert. Mumford and Sons in particular was INCREDIBLE, and I was in the front row. It's impossible to put into words the sheer human energy at the front row of a 10,000 attendee concert, while the crowd jumps and dances along to every word.   I'll never go to another festival though. Food is too expensive                 
If love to see the results of your test. As far as the recording issue, human hearing tops out at a useful dynamic range of 60db. The absolute pain threshold is 120db. Even live symphony orchestras use a max of 50db dynamic range for our hearing. Anyone who claims to be able to hear beyond this is a liar or superhuman. So listening a recording that has a 200db rocket launch encoded, one doesn't have to worry about what comes next. You'll have a very difficult time...
 No need to apologize. 1. I have to ask what you mean by the AK320 sounding "better," especially in the context of it being used as a LO. There are several potential things in play, like the OI of the LO of each device, mixed with the sensitivity of the KSE's input. I don't necessarily agree that more sensitive IEMs require more power. Rather, they require more regulated power, since there's less hindrance in the circuitry. Honestly, my Clip+ could cover all my needs if it...
 Or if Sigma comes out with a 17-50 1.8 Art for crop sensors....magic.
 I miss those days too. I had virtually no idea what I was doing with a camera, so I just set it to auto and focused on interacting with the subject. Now I'm busy fussing with gear.
 Yikes. I can't imagine trying to dial in focus with such a thin DoF https://www.keh.com/shop/canon-eos-5d-12-8-megapixel-digital-slr-camera-body-only.html Don't think twice. Just buy it. Just...buy it. The camera made me look like I knew what I was doing, even when I didn't. All of these were with the old $80 50mm 1f/1.8        
 Et tu, James?   The sd quattro has the same sensor as the dpQ cameras, with the benefit of being an ILC. It's still not usable past ISO 800 for my purposes, and is still crop sensor. If you want a Canon, go for the original 5D. It's still incredible, and can be had for under $400, which is absurd for a FF camera that's built like a tank. ISO 1600 was still usable too for me. Those fat pixels are going to be magical with your 135L
 Oh boy... now I'm tempted to find a used dp2m again...  Thanks! I don't have much of a portfolio yet, since I'm still in school. I'll try to submit more weddings to blogs though.
 I can't remember the last time I shot at f/4. Plus, it'll be f/6 or so DoF on APS-C sensors.  Oh, I've been busy. You can kind of see the latest stuff here: www.kachieke.com I'd love any feedback you have on the site.
 Hola! It's the main reason I stay with full frame DSLRs. My slowest lens is the 70-200 f/2.8. Apart from that, I never shoot at apertures smaller than f/2. There's just a 3D quality I enjoy in a photo with sharp in-focus areas, surrounded by areas falling out of focus