or Connect

Posts by eke2k6

Oh crap dude. Where ya been? Busy adulting?Ditto on the Rockets. And it's the price that kills me. I've put it against sets that cost *literally* 10-20x as much, and they never cease to amaze me.
I actually disliked the FX850. I found it sounded hollow, and lacked refinement in the mids and treble compared to the G series and Rockets
  Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to reverse the trend. And the pace of audio inflation has picked up exponentially. My poison of choice is portable audio. When I started the hobby, the flagship iems were the JVC FX700, the Vsonic GR-07, and the IE80. In terms of innovation, the GR-07 utilized a diaphragm made of layers of biocellulose grown from actual bacteria in a lab. The FX700 used actual wood in its construction, as well as in the diaphragm to give it...
 This is unnecessary.  For what it's worth, I completely agree with tienbasse. The 2.5 is my personal preference, but the 2.0 is a beast in terms of what it manages to pull off with its tuning while maintaining technical prowess. When comparing both side by side, the 2.5 has the subdued tone of a child who has been placed on a high dose of ADHD medication. The 2.0 is the slightly autistic, more charismatic twin...who can possibly get to be a bit much if you're around it...
 What you really need is a Nikon D5 with the 800mm f/5.6. Most interesting travel locations are jam-packed with tourists. With this combo, you can stay miles away and capture the equivalent view of a 24mm lens, and the lens compression will render the tourists into tiny bokeh blobs. Or you could just the Fuji X100...if you're into that sort of thing.
I'm letting go of my Billingham Hadley Pro. It's honestly the best bag I've used, but I have to recoup some funds. PM me if interested. $185 shipped CONUS        
The IE800 has some of the best vocals I've ever heard.
 I agree there are some very minute differences. But  I did get a pretty big SQ boost from the LH Geek Out though, which I was pretty surprised about. The soundstage was ridiculous. I'm still convinced that they use some sort of DSP.