or Connect

Posts by hmohammed43

Hey all,   I'm looking to purchase some TH-600s in decent enough condition. Damage to the ear cups is OK with me, they're getting swapped out.   I live in the UK, but they're getting sent to a US address, so they'll just need to be shippable within the USA   Thanks :)
I hope I'm not too late! Can I join in on this too?
 I saw these in a store in the UK. They look really cool, almost looking like what Denon used to make with the D7000 but teeny-isa. They sounded OK but it was really noisy in the store (it was one of those department stores so they never have a quiet area to let you try things)  I've had a look at some reviews of these on the web to try and compare, and it seems like it's a toughie between these two and getting a custom configure of AIAIAI TMA-2s, but I'd probably end up...
Hi, in terms of "Acoustic" music, it'd be more folk-like and acoustic pop in a way, things like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLsb1YMsKE This type of music doesn't live in my collection a lot, I only have around 4 or 5 albums that are like this completely
That is a good shout! I remember that I love my Denon AH-D700s, I might get myself these as a comparison set then return the ones I don't like, but from doing a little bit of research they look cool :)
For my electronic music collection, as well as my hip hop, I definitely enjoyed my TMA-1s, although admittedly they are quite a dark sounding headphone overall compared to something like the portapro (from my memory) but they seem a little bit more impactful and happy to be a little bit insane (they are DJ headphones)   Clamping force might be the only issue with the original TMA-1 set, because they're on ear as well they can get quite uncomfortable until you get used to...
I've briefly owned the portapro myself and I quite liked them, the only issue is that because they're pretty much fully open isolation isn't that great. When I had them, the metal on the headband tended to catch on to some of my hair.   From what I remember, bass was OK on them, midrange tended to be the main thing I heard though. In all honesty, for your type of music where there's no vocals they might not be the best in my opinion.
*bump*
Hi all,   I'm looking to get some new on-ear headphones to replace my blown TMA-1s. I've tried out the Aedle VK-1s and they sound like they may be what I'm looking for, but I wondered if anyone has any other suggestions.   My budget is anywhere beneath the £300/$450, but if anything is more than that but is good enough, I can save more up. I listen to manly R&B, EDM, Soul and Rap, but I like a little bit of acoustic music too.   Thanks in advance :)
Throwing my two pennies in there, the Bose In Ears (sorry for mentioning them) are quite good at not isolating which might help you hear yourself a bit better