Posts by onesome

The time to say goodbye to  some of my cans has come.  I can ship to Europe only /with tracking number of course/. PayPal accepted. Let’s start with KRK KNS 6400 – my first and less listened one – I didn’t get to used with their detailed nature – to close to my MS 1i but without aggression – no more of 10 hours total play time. They are in mint condition. Come with original package. Price: 70 Euros + shipping /7 Euros/ IEM – a 2 month ago I visited my Ear doctor for...
Each time I put 598 on my head  I'm experiencing extreme satisfaction.  My source is PC-FiiO- E10-LD Mk III /With Mullard/Voskhod tubes/. For portability I've ordered E17 and now I'm eagerly waiting. You don't need an amp to hear their amazing sound but you need one to take out best  of them.  E10 gave them so much needed additional clarity while LD brought the low mid power. I'm expecting E17 will be able to do the same cause I haven't had time to sit on my desk lately....
Thank you both for advices. You already helped me more than mp4nations support did.  First I'm gonna start with feaio to see if he will be able to help. Thanks again.
Hi all, I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but I'd like to warn you about mp4nationts guarantee policy. When I put my hands on FiiO E10 I found it has loose jack and Betas that came as a gift not working. Of course I contact mp4nations and sent both back. After two weeks they confirm Betas problem but insisted E10 is working properly. After long discussion they proposed me to send E10 for checking to FiiO. I refused to do it that because that means to...
Here you can find links to some of the latest Plus firmwares:   http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51524   Just make sure to check which version your Clip has.
I was faced the same dilemma a couple of weeks ago. After brief communication with David /LD/  I've decided to go with LD Mk III – my main concern was not to overwarm HD598. David said it is not going to happen besides I have option to experiment with different tubes for different music/cans. But I have to wait for Chinese New Year to pass /till 29.01/ before it getting shipped. If you gonna go with LD be aware the prices will go up – for Mk III from 194 to  209 USD.But...
Mike from Headfonia recommended it over E17. Fiio products are average - they benefit from lower price and vast functionality and although they are using decent components,  bad quality control is an issue. BTW I also waiting for replacement/repair my E10 but I'll keep it as a DAC for LittleDot Mk III I've recently ordered.
  Not sure if Fiio is known for its products reliability but I admire company attempt to make mid classes DAC/Amps accessible for many. Apart of its issues  E10 deliver decent sound and justify its price.
  Mine is from second batch /with new silk screen/ and has the same problem. Of course I opened it to see what cause the problem and it seems the sheet iron is not tighten up enough /see red circle/. I don’t think it will cause further problems but I’ve returned mine for repaire because the Betas which came   with E10 were broken. But still think in terms of quality control E10 is a failure and the mass production could not excuse this.  Add the E10 sound cutting issue...
  In order to make sure you get the maximum of your DAC you should install WASAPI plugin for your player. I’m using   foobar2000 with WASAPI plugin – then I’m setting the player to use “WASAPI: FiiO USB DAC- E10” as output. Thus I’m sure for the signal purity until it reaches E10.