Posts by speecialedwin

Bump   Any updates? I'm thinking about doing this to my M50s as well. Hoping to see a finished version so I have an idea of what it'd look like.
UDPATE:   After struggling with gd-audiobase's bullsh!t moneybookers system and slow customer service for the last 16 days, I have decided to call it quits and forget about ordering FA products altogether. I just ordered an M50 off amazon and I'm getting them on Wednesday! (Unfortunately, they raised the prices from the low 100s.. I got it for 159.)   Thanks for all who contributed in this forum, it makes me feel as if my money is going in a good place.
Thank you so much for your input, zazex. I think I'm probably going to pick up the FA-002w, and then the HD 25 1 II in the coming months.   I figure picking up the FA-002w would be killing 2 birds with one stone as I can change out the cups when I want open headphones. If that doesn't work out I'm going to pick up a pair of M50s.  
  Isn't it #1 bad, #2 good?   I'll try out the Equalizer and EQu apps before I consider amp-ing. Thanks!
This is an excellent resource. Thanks!   Including this, I've pretty much narrowed down my list to three headphones:   GMP 8.35 - isolation, super sturdy M50 - constant good reviews, seems like a solid choice everybody has used at some point. The shootout states these have low bass control. I listen to RnB occasionally. Will this be an issue? FA-002w - large sound stage and I like the look of the wood, but I'm skeptical to buy it as a first headphone because it seems...
bump
I was wondering what's the difference between a 3.5 male-to-male as opposed to an iPod line out dock. I'm thinking of using it on my iPhone and on my computer so if there's no significant performance increase with the LOD then I'm probably just going to settle for the 3.5 mm male-to-male.   If it helps, I'm probably going to be using it with either a PA2V2 or an iBasso T3 and a Fischer Audio FA-002w.   Also, I was wondering if amplifiers can be...
I accidentally posted in the wrong sub-forum. I'm going to re-post in the appropriate forum so can a mod delete this when they have the chance.   Thanks!
I was wondering what's the difference between a 3.5 male-to-male as opposed to an iPod line out dock. I'm thinking of using it on my iPhone and on my computer so if there's no significant performance increase with the LOD then I'm probably just going to settle for the 3.5 mm male-to-male.   If it helps, I'm probably going to be using it with either a PA2V2 or an iBasso T3 and a Fischer Audio FA-002w.   Also, I was wondering if amplifiers can be damaged. I'm...
Do on-ears hurt your ears after a few hours of listening because of the pressure of the cups pressing on the ear itself? Are they as comfortable as around-ear ones?