Posts by Riker

Thanks Project86.   Initially I had my eyes on a pair of Denon AH-D7000 but they got sold before I could pull the trigger. Now there is a pair of LCD2R2 (new) up on canuck audiomart that I am considering. My only hesitation is comfort, they are big and heavy and that worries me a bit. Also for sale is a pair of T1 but those I already tried and they sound really good, a bit light in bass and I did not find them all that comfortable. From what I have read, the LCD2R2 have...
Would Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 sound really good on Anedio D2 ?   I am considering LCD2 Rev 2 (don't have the heart to pay $2K for LCD3)   Anyone with the LCD2R2 - Anedio D2 combo ?   Thank you   Riker
Just purchased a BIS Audio Maestro digital cable. This should do the trick !
Hi,   I have an Anedio D2 DAC (love it BTW) and my digital source is the Sonos ZP80. Currently I have an analog RCA interconnect between the Sonos and the D2 (BlueJeans Cable Belden).   My D2 DAC is connected to my AV Processor by Kimber Hero XLR, and from the AV Process to my Amplifier again via Kimber Hero XLRs.   I am looking for a good digital cable to complement the balanced Heros. But I don't want to pay more than $250 for a 1 meter digital...
Thanks Project86. I think this will be a good match. What am I looking for ? well perfection of course LOL !   Seriously, as I mentionned on another thread, my Primary goal is comfort followed very closely by sound quality. I tend to like low end energy, good mids and detailed highs, but not harsh or overly bright. Detail retrieval and sound stage are also nice to haves, but not number one for me.   Looking forward to getting them in a week or...
Anyone here ever tried the Denon AH-D7000 headphone with the Anedio D2 DAC ?   I have the D2 (love it !)  and considering purchasing a pair of D7000. Would that be a good match ? I think the D7000 are pretty amp friendly.   Thanks Riker
Interesting, for me, I found the Denon AH-D2000 to be more comfortable than the Beyer T1. The T1 had to much clamping force, especially on my jaw bones.   I have not tried the D7K or the HD800. If the D7K is the same or better than D2K, I would be fine with that level of comfort.
Ah.. thanks for the info. Definitively want something very comfortable. Of the HD800, AH-D7000 and T1 which one do you personally feel is most comfortable ?
Definitively not a green horn in audio :-) but headphone wise I've only very recently started looking into that so in that regards, you could say yes a am a bit of a newb :-)   So far in all that I have auditionned, the best "sounding" can was the Beyer T1. Having said that, they were not the most comfortable pair for me. They don't have the comfort level of the Denon D2K (on MY head). And I must point out that the Denon D2K was sounded very nice to me, but did not...
Hi Agent   I do some studio recording / engineering / mastering on the side, have been playing bass for 30 years and generally have a good ear and very decent 2 channel / HT gear. I am into listening to high quality sources and music and looking for a very comfortable headphone that has amazing sonic qualities inside of 2K.   My Anedio D2 DAC / Headphone amp can power pretty much anything out there, so I'm not worried about power.   I will check out the AT,...