Posts by nurxhunter

The link has nice pics and details.  HPA-1.  Nice shape.  No worries.  Double boxed and ready to fly to you.   http://audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Amplifier-SS/Matrix/M-Stage-Headphone-PA/Great-Value-with-BB-OPA627-and-3-other-opamps/101923   Please see the link.  Contact me for extra-USA sales.  The OPA627 sounds quite smashing.  I am second owner.  No worries on condition or performance.  Not interested in trades.   Thank...
http://amps.abraxasaudio.net/projects/d8/   All the info you need is in the link.  My feedback in in my signature.  You can also email me at drughunter2@yahoo.com.   Read via Google about the 1626 triode power tube and the 'Darling Circuit'.  This is switchable between 1626 and 12V6.  DC heater power supply make it quiet on Senns 600/650 and BD 990/600.  I would expect dead quiet on any phones, but it will not drive low sensitivity phones well enough to bring out...
RCA's are currently hooked up but the wires are there to install XLR as well. power light and signal light on front.  Works well, no issues.  DIY and well made (7/10 Audiogon scale, some light scratches--but otherwise OK--but since it's DIY-class, I rate as 7/10).   They rarely come up for sale, you can guess why.  I decided I need a pre-pro to cross-over to a syb.  I had to pay 3X this price for a DAC/Pre/pro to get close to this sound quality.   Best to use...
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tube-abraxasaudio-6v6gt-pp-stereo-amplifer-fresh-build-w-headphone-jack-2012-12-18-amplifiers-46040   Community service.  This guy is an uber-DIYer.  His stuff is to DIY for.  PM me thanking me after you have lived with it for a while.  Whether with speakers (the 6v6 and 6n1p driver should be IDEAL with Klipsch speakers) or phones (this rig should drive even the AKG701/2 to proper bass).  Check out his webpage.  No other DIYer builds...
I would make an offer through Agon.  Jeff''s amps sound amazing.  You will not be disappointed.   I have no financial interest in this.  Thanks.  
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/abraxasaudio-6cl6-6197-tube-headphone-amplifier     You will email or PM me back to say: thank you for pointing this out to me.  His HP amps are wonderful.  This is OTL design.  Abraxas--get 'em while they are still reasonably priced.    I get nothing out of this, and was not asked to do this by the seller.  Hopefully, this is not disallowed; I rarely come here anymore.  Not sure the rules.   Thanks.  P.L.H.
ERICSSON 2C51=396A = 5670 Dual Triode. The 1951 earliest Gold Pin version. The construction of these is unique. Very, very nicely made tube. Lovely branded-printing. See pics for condition of labels. Not shabby. Hickok TV-10A/U data (3300 is the Min): 6,250/6,750 6,250/6,750 Eico 666 Dynamic Emission: 110 is new and 140 pegs meter: 120/130 124/128 If you find them anywhere else for less, please let me know.   $10 will cover shipping and PP in CONUSA....
Elusive is true--the rarest of the rare in tubes.  Unavailable anywhere else.  Use drughunter2@yahoo.com to contact me.  Happy to answer questions--but--ideally the note should contain an offer to buy, pending satisfactory answer to questions.  I am on road a lot and do not always have easy access to email, and dialog from a smart phone keypad is a pain. Thanks.   Extra-US sales must contact first.  Too busy to go to USPS.  Thanks for understanding, and I apologize...
SOLD.  Thanks for interest.   Stereo headphones, 600 Ω, closed design, single sided cable with stereo mini-jack / 1/4" adapter, includes headphone carrying case.   I am original owner. Excellent condition--used maybe 100 hrs, so they are broken in.    Rated condition is 8/10 to be sure.  There are some very slight scuffs here and there.  They are in fantastic condition--you will not be disappointed.  They look almost new. See my feedback everywhere under my...
Adzam (which is Mazda, spelled backwards) was the upscale Philips/Amperex brand made in Heerlen Holland. Exquisitely matched section data from Brent Jesse are on the boxes. My Hickok TV-10 validates the data are correct +/-5%, which is the best that can be expected between testers.   These test better-than-NOS. 13,000 +/-200. This is 2% matched sections all across with matched date codes. With original boxes (careful handling the boxes!).  They peg the EICO 666...