Posts by Omark12

Presenting my second good quality DIY cable. I call him Mikhael. Specs:  Milloit braid #26 AWG SPC teflon wire (navships) Heatshrinked y-split and terminations Sleaved in 325 gray paracord Cardas quad eutectic solder Terminated with Amphenol 3.5 mm and HifiMan SMC connectors   Things I learned making Sascha and Mikhael: DIY cables are not as easy as everyone makes them look and sound. Solder flux is magic... if you're new, THIS...
huh?
Just finished up my first ever good quality DIY cable. Pictures don't do it justice, but it looks sweet in person. Maybe I'll upload a better one later.. Specs: Milloit braid Stripped down Mogami W2534 #24 AWG conductors  Heatshrinked y-split and terminations Sleeved in tech flex Cardas quad eutectic solder Terminated with Amphenol 3.5 mm and HifiMan SMC connectors She gave me a lot of trouble in the making, but at the end this beauty of a...
is it just me, or are hifiman plugs impossible to solder? Ok so I get where I solder the signal... even that is tricky the space is so small. But how and where the hell do I solder the ground?
Does anyone here know how to solder on hifiman connectors?
In terms of sound quality?
How do the X1s compare with the HE-400s
Is paracord the best for noise reduction and SQ?  
Would it work if i'm just sleeving the conductors; I'm not using the whole cable, just the wires. 4 up to the y split and then 2 and 2?
Looking to recable my HE-400s soon. Considering either navships SPC or stripped down mogami 2534. Don't know which braid to use, don't know what size techflex/paracord, and don't know which connectors to use. Any help?