or Connect

Posts by fleasbaby

The more I listen to mine, the more I see them as the ghost of old Joseph Grado ******** with some Ypsilons...Ypsilon accuracy, warmed up with a little soul.
 Tks man. I have to say, I see why folks like working with Ebony. It turns beautifully on the lathe...
The aluminium makes the driver more "polite" for want of a better term in my experience. Switching to wood outer cups will lessen that. I have had really great experiences using wooden sleeves with SR325 outer cups.The drivers used pick up the tone of the wood, but it's well controlled, and again, polite.
 No...no full aluminium yet. I am hesitant, worried about them being too bright for my tastes...at some point I have to though...no left turn unstoned and all that   Thanks...btw, am waiting with baited breath to see how the Nhoord measure compared to the V7 and the Ypsilon. We have a trio of great substitute drivers out there right now. Great time to be building!
 Apologies, what size is the drive, and what is the serial number?
*edit* How rude of me! Before spouting off, I should say thank you for the compliment. Credit should go to Chris at Elleven Acoustica for the cups, and Rhydon for the gimbals, as well as @Arty McGhee for that sexy cable and Turbulent for the headband though. My handiwork was the hidden part, the wood, and assembly :). As a general rule with most drivers, if they are press-fitted, I find the wood affects tone, the aluminium affects how aggressive, or for want of a better...
Tks man :)
Finally got around to rebuilding my Ypsilons. Used the following:   Cable by @Arty McGhee Aluminium cups custom milled by Chris at Elleven Acoustica Aluminium gimbals by Symphones Leather headband by Turbulent Stock Grado metal band and plastic rod blocks Ypsilon drivers (of course) Black Limba sleeves turned by me TTVJ Flats (they give the Ypsilons a little more bottom end)             Someone at work I did a build for a while ago looked worried...
 Keep going :)...20 hours is (if I recall correctly) the recommended mark from Eleven Acoustica...
 Thank you :). I actually disassembled this build this morning. I needed the cable and headband for the cups I made for the production version of the Nhoord Red. Finished that build this morning, and am burning it in now. Cups are Black and White Ebony, with a banked lip for the pads, and a curved outside face (like a trumpet mouth):   Really excited to spend time with these. Will also start my next Ypsilon build shortly. Maple sleeves, aluminium cups, aluminium gimbals,...