or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

Just when I thought I was free from the Head-Fi bug at last, I caught wind of the AKG K7XX yesterday.   $200 shipped after having auditioned both the K612 and K712, both of which I found comfortable and pleasing, and it has the detachable cable of the higher-end AKGs? I cannot say no to that, and my wallet hates me for it.   Granted, if it's anything like my ModMic 4.0, it'll take MONTHS to arrive, but when it does, I might just have to retire the MA900...
 Realtek codecs have practically nothing by themselves with the official Realtek drivers, but with customized drivers, they can offer a somewhat less sophisticated CMSS-3D Headphone (X-Fi MB), THX TSP Surround (X-Fi MB2)/SBX Pro Surround (X-Fi MB3), or Dolby Headphone (Dolby Home Theater v4) audio mix. Any additional EAX support would be provided by Creative's proprietary software OpenAL renderer (NOT "Generic Software", it's a bit improved over that), included in the X-Fi...
EAX is a set of reverb/chorus/occlusion/etc. effects. The thing you should be comparing to Dolby Headphone is CMSS-3D Headphone or SBX Pro Surround, depending on your card of choice. All work with any multichannel surround source. There's also Razer Surround, as mentioned above. It costs nothing to try, but IMHO, it sounded pretty bad. No good sense of positioning. My ears are not yours, however; try it for yourself.
 There is a default PRIR, as they claim, but to me, just using that kinda defeats the purpose of spending the big bucks for the Realiser in the first place. You might as well just use a cheap Dolby Headphone processor if you can't or won't take advantage of the Realiser's signature PRIR feature.  Everything I've heard about the Mixamp suggests that, like the other Dolby Headphone processors, it's also a Dolby Pro Logic II decoder on the analog RCA inputs and Astro just...
 I can't confirm that yet (need to save up another $300-400 before my wallet gets destroyed on November 21), but knowing Nintendo, it probably does output Pro Logic II-encoded audio over the analog A/V-out if the audio output is set to the rather generically-named "Surround" in the system menu. It should be noted that the whole reason I want a virtual surround processor that accepts HDMI audio is the Wii U, and I'd prefer not to have the bulk of a whole A/V receiver with...
I FINALLY got my ModMic today! Didn't have time to try it out before work, though. It'll probably be attached to my MA900 when I return home.
 See, that's the sorta collaboration I wanna have again. Crewing up a chopper with everyone on voice chat is so much fun! Also, MechWarrior...those were the days, man. MWO gave me some hope at first, but we all know what happened there. MW3 was especially nasty with overheating compared to MW2, that was for sure. Guess they needed to make the new coolant flush feature more practical. You could fire salvoes of energy weapons in MW2 that you'd never get away with in MW3...
 I won't lie, the engine has its quirks. Physics on moving ships is a bit janky, early patches easily had you dying of fall damage just walking down the hillsides of Wake Island, so on and so forth... And, yes, some of the maps are horribly, horribly unbalanced. The obligatory Omaha Beach is one of them, as you'd expect, but Tobruk was another annoying case for the British side because there's nothing stopping a German player from running around the front lines and capping...
Why didn't I learn about this sooner?   http://forum.bf1942.sk/gamespy   The server list isn't as populated as it used to be, which does not surprise me in the least, but the important thing is that IT WORKS. BF1942 LIVES ON.   Until now, I thought all the post-GameSpy salvaging projects were focused on BF2 more than anything.
 While also falling way short of their price tags, to boot. The GTX 970 just became the single biggest bang-for-the-buck card overnight after its release. I bet everyone who bought a GTX 770 at around the $320 mark is thoroughly kicking themselves now, unless they bought EVGA within the last three months. In other news, I spectated a few BF4 matches on one 64-player server; if the first-person views were anything to go by, hit detection's still pretty janky. I'm talking...