or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

Well, there goes any chance I had of selling my MA900 whatsoever...oh wait, the X2's twice the price on Amazon. Of course I'd expect it to be better!
 Shoot, that's another reason for me to sell the MA900 right there! Been meaning to pick up a Vita and just never got around to it... But if I get one, there's no going back from OLED, even with all the other improvements of the revised Vita.
 I'm just talking about what the human eye can actually perceive in terms of framerate. Game engine physics quirks as a result of running at particular framerates are a different matter.  I'm not too concerned about movies, but video games need to run on it without much fuss. I hear that's not currently the case for the DK2 and it's quite a kludge. If the CV1 is going to take off, it needs to be pretty much plug-and-play for the average user. Connect it as a secondary...
 It's only "cleaning house" because while I do like the MA900 and would probably use them as a secondary headphone quite a lot thanks to their efficiency, I need to fill in the hole the AKG K7XX left in my wallet. Since my particular K7XX is free of blatant driver defects (no rattle or cone breakup that I've noticed) and I found it to sound quite nice even when driven directly from my X-Fi Titanium HD, I feel it's a keeper. No, it's still not as good as my old Stax...
60 FPS is good, 90+ FPS is even better if the display can keep up.   Not that most people who aren't fellow CRT diehards or high refresh LCD enthusiasts would understand, and the 120 Hz HDTV market hasn't helped one bit when the video inputs only accept 60 Hz signals and the higher refresh is just for crappy interpolation.   At least the guys at Oculus understand, given that they're pushing for at least 90 Hz for the consumer Rift variant.
 Yeah, the prices for old memory add up quick, especially when you want the densest, fastest DIMMs ever made for a given generation. Then there's all these systems with integrated graphics that could use a real graphics card. Picking out the right AGP and PCIe cards also adds up quick, even moreso if you have to upgrade the PSU too because these pre-built PCs, especially the mini-tower ones, have such weak sauce PSUs for stock equipment. One of the new desktops brought in...
Speaking of cleaning house...anyone in the market for an MA900?   It doesn't get talked about much anymore, maybe because of the discontinuation.
This MA900 set served me well, but with the AKG K7XX another vintage Stax Lambda setup now serving as my main desktop headphone and leaving a big hole in my wallet, I need to recoup that somehow.   It's not a bad headphone by any means. Still looks about as good as I got it, near mint save for some minor signs of wear and use, and it also still sounds as good as when I got it. If you want a gaming headphone you can wear for hours or a music headphone with more bass/mid...
I'm still kicking myself for not buying DDR3 when it was dirt cheap like I did with DDR2. At the old prices, my current box would've been maxed out with 32 GB already for the same amount I paid for my 16 GB set.   Hell, my notebook could use a boost from 6 GB (4 GB + 2 GB when I got it, WTF?) to 16 GB as well. Granted, it needs a dedicated GPU even more, but that's next to impossible without an MXM slot and I've all but given up on finding a convertible tablet PC with...
Well, I just learned some interesting things recently.   DirectSound3D may still be intact in Vista onward, but ONLY in software. The problem is that most games don't create 3D buffers at all if they don't detect hardware acceleration.   Along with that, there's another method of restoring audio for DS3D games with modern OSes aside from ALchemy, DS3DGX and 3DSoundBack: IndirectSound. It seems to take the 3D buffers and map them to XAudio2 speakers, so it's not what...