or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

I haven't tested that card myself (never owned one), but I see no reason for it not to work like on any other X-Fi card, so long as you have the Flexijack adapter for S/PDIF-out. Just enable "Play Stereo Mix using Digital Output" and set everything else up like usual.  Those drivers worked fine for me, so I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm just lucky with these things.  I don't have the Redux version, so I can't help you all that much. All I can suggest is to try them...
 I must've overlooked that part of your post. I wouldn't see any reason for it not to work, but at the same time, I would've found it redundant when you already have a Xonar. You're better off switching sound cards outright if you want Creative's DSP features, even if it does cost more money. To me, at least, the main benefit of X-Fi MB3 is for use with integrated audio codecs and USB DACs that don't have ANY form of virtual surround whatsoever. Using it with a...
 I've been experimenting with it a bit on my notebook, but Windows 10 was a bit of a wake-up call in that volume adjustment no longer works properly. With the X-Fi MB3 device as the default, it's either mute or whatever your Realtek volume's set at, and because the native Realtek device is NOT the default, that's not what gets adjusted by the volume controls. This wasn't a problem in Windows 8.1, so who knows if Creative's ever going to fix it...
At least the MA900 doesn't irritate my ears (pinnae if we're being pedantic) where they touch, probably due to the soft padding over the drivers.   That's more than I can say for a few other cans. SR-Gamma without replacement padding in the cups? NEVER AGAIN.
Makes me wonder how long they'll keep going with these drops before the K7XX is no more...it would be a shame considering the value it brings to the table.   In the meantime, if anyone doesn't want to wait for the next drop, shoot me an offer.
Sadly, receivers haven't had honest-to-goodness Dolby Headphone for a few generations.   But looking up the Onkyo TX-NR636 quickly reveals that it's one of the recent Dolby Atmos-enabled receivers, which makes me wonder how it'll handle Atmos content mixing through the headphone-out. Time to flip through the manual- "If you selected any other listening mode than Pure Audio (European, Australian and Asian models), Stereo, Mono and Direct, connecting headphones will...
This K7XX served as my desktop set for a while, and it's a good, comfortable set. No defective drivers of the sort the early K7XXs had here and there with "helicopter noise" and all that, it works like I'd expect.   Everything I got with it is included, cable, documentation, even the original Massdrop shipping box, and it's still about like new save for bits of dust here and there.   I'm just selling it because I need to thin out my headphone collection a bit. Don't...
 Neck pain? Reminds me of how I nailed the deal on my first "beater" Stax Lambda set years ago; the owner had a neck injury that made even light headphones like those painful to wear after a while. It's definitely tricky business to try these things out without buying them outright first, that's for sure. It's how Head-Fi effectively kills my wallet.I could repair some of the financial damage, but I'd have to line up buyers for my own K7XX and MA900 first, which isn't...
Deciding between the K7XX and MA900 on comfort, of all things?   Neither one's going to disappoint, that's for sure. (Seriously, we're talking comfort kings here when it comes to readily-available headphones that don't require special amps.) The MA900 might be a tad lighter, but the earcups are smaller. Still big enough for me, but your head and ear size could still swing things in favor of one of them.   Sound signature would probably be the real deciding factor in...
 It takes a second or two for the volume to pick up, depending on how much signal the SRD-7/SB gets fed with. That's presumably to charge up the bias supply with the input current, because the AC-powered SRD-6 doesn't do that. I'm not sure why I don't need a speaker amp for this, but this I do know: PCIe X-Fi cards get loud on Headphone mode, and I mean REALLY loud to the point where I can't even set the volume above 10% with sensitive headphones before I risk deafening...