or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

Most games SUCK at mixing audio for headphones. BF3 was one of the rare exceptions with Enhanced Stereo Mode (as well as any OpenAL game that comes bundled with Rapture3D, like a lot of Codemasters racing titles), but they removed that in BF4 for some dumb reason, and SW:BF3 is no better. Sounds completely one-dimensional if I let games try and handle positional audio for headphones, no sense of depth whatsoever. That's why we splurge for sound cards in the first place.
 Unless you take into account rhythm games where getting perfect scores requires ludicrously perfect timing on each and every note, anyway. Wanna get a Marvelous Full Clear on a DDR track? I hope you can hit every arrow ON THE FRAME, 16ms TIMING! There's a reason later releases of such games have calibration modes to try and offset any input lag on the display. With that said, people can adapt to playing those and even fighting games (which might as well be rhythm games in...
 There have been displays with greater than 120 Hz refresh rates for decades; top-tier CRTs could easily top out at 160 Hz, and even recent LCDs have matched or exceeded 120 Hz over the past few years. In fact, it's only with the Asus PG279Q that anyone's claimed an LCD that can hit 165 Hz, and that's technically through overclocking the panel above the usual 144 Hz! Granted, if it's having that high refresh rate in a laptop display that you seek, well, good luck with...
MLE, you find that running USB to the X7 as opposed to a Dolby Digital S/PDIF signal sounds WORSE for PC gaming with it? Well, that kinda defeats the purpose to me...what about it sounds worse?  This is why Wii games (and GameCube and PS2 games before them, for that matter) tend to utilize Dolby Pro Logic II mixing in the first place, matrixing the extra channels with phase-shifting into the two physical audio channels. He needs a Dolby Pro Logic II decoder, in other...
 The slack in the tubing is intentional; I can't pull out the bay res for refilling if I cut the tolerances tighter. If it proves too much for a single D5, I have a dual D5 bay res I can use if needed. I just don't see the realistic need for dual D5s with the loop as simple as it is; maybe if I threw in more Black Ice GTX rads and multiple GPU waterblocks, then I could see myself needing that kind of pumping power. As for the compression fittings, it didn't help that I...
I spent the last few days flushing rads and reworking water-cooling loops now that I have two loops' worth of components to play with. Couldn't help myself when I saw an XSPC dual D5/AX240 kit on eBay for less than half the Performance-PCs price, so I moved a lot of my old loop stuff back to my Q6600 setup.   Gotta say, that was a lot of work.     The loop still needs some improvements (big ones being a proper drain port, a GPU block and QD fittings), but I need my...
It still had the BF2142-old problem where you're utterly gimped starting out because you haven't unlocked your basic cards yet, meaning everyone but you's already packing grenades thermal detonators, jetpacks and personal shields, and all you've got is your blaster.   I also had some really bad luck grinding Drop Zone rounds starting out. Never won a single match, especially because some of the later games had some serious team stacking. 4v8? Really now?   However, the...
 The Note 5 makes me mad for a wide variety of reasons, all adding up to one giant missed opportunity. USB Type-C would've enabled USB 3.0/3.1 data rates again, but without the unsightly microUSB 3.0 connector. It also would've allowed for video-out, probably DisplayPort and such in addition to MHL. But no, not only did they NOT step forward, they took out MHL, too! And the IR blaster! And I don't need to reiterate the microSD/removable battery setbacks as well. At least I...
 Some dude on SimHQ apparently won it at a PC shop raffle shortly after he upgraded to a SLI Titan setup of some sort, so he figured he'd sell it off at 970 prices ($300 + $15 shipping). It's just a reference model PNY card like this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133563 Still, I'll probably waterblock and overclock it eventually, once the blocks don't cost over $100 anymore. Maxwell supposedly overclocks like crazy for a GPU. Also, did some...
Normally, I would've considered the GTX 980 too expensive of an upgrade from my current GTX 760... ...but not when they cost $315 shipped, new in box and sealed, and I just got mine in the mail today!   Time to install it and see what it can do.