Posts by NamelessPFG

Going back to Realtek? You'd probably be much worse off for it, especially if your board happens to be a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P. (I have one and know it to be ALC889A-based, alongside having some godawful noisy output if headphone mode is enabled.)   Of course, that would require the X-Fi drivers to play along nicely. I'd start by trying this driver pack.
Well, thanks to a PSN sale and my PS+ discount offering up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $10, I went and bought that. Now I own Symphonia twice over and got that much-maligned "sequel" to boot.   Since I didn't really start my GameCube run, I might as well play through this release and put up with the 30 FPS cap...   And yeah, if you have a 3DS grandfathered into the Ambassador Program, you can get Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Still gotta play that.
 I actually didn't know the Schiit Modi had an optical/Toslink S/PDIF input variant now. The existing USB-only version would not have been ideal. I'll keep that in mind for the future. And, no, there's nothing really weird about that. I prefer separate DAC/amp components anyway so I can mix and match as desired. (I don't use a dedicated DAC, though; when I've already got an X-Fi Titanium HD, there's not much point in it.)  It would be quite fine, except the ODAC isn't...
 Either route is viable. I suppose it depends on whether you don't mind having an external DAC around your computer space or not. It's worth nothing that a DAC with S/PDIF input would benefit a wide range of sources; a new sound card only benefits a computer, and since you're already packing an X-Fi Titanium, you already have most of the DSP stuff the Titanium HD brings to the table. If you were to buy the Titanium HD, what are you going to do with the existing X-Fi...
Wait a minute: I was supposed to wrap the headband in that cloth thing, NOT use it as a cable wrap?   Oh well, still felt comfortable enough to me without it.   Yes, that's Change's K612 in that box, and no, I definitely wasn't expecting that Bifrost to come packed in literal popcorn!   ...Is that a second-gen Wacom Bamboo tablet on your desk? Didn't think you'd keep such a thing in portrait orientation, or that you might have one to draw stuff with.   In unrelated...
Unfortunately, that's correct. It's either THX TSP Surround or Scout Mode with the Recon3D USB, not both.The Z-series cards may be different, but I can't say for sure.
 You got the SRM-T1 fixed? Sweet!
 The main DSP feature is headphone virtual surround, but if you're into older PC games, proper DirectSound3D (via ALchemy) and OpenAL support becomes a big concern, because they sound like crap without it. S/PDIF = coaxial or optical/Toslink digital output. Your Xbox One has an optical-out on the back. Your computer's loudness is only a consideration if the fan noise gets to the point where you want the added isolation of closed headphones over open ones. It's more of a...
External USB DACs = no headphone virtual surround.   Get a sound card if that's what you want. If you're really audiophile about it, get a cheap sound card with the DSP features you want and then pipe its S/PDIF output to an external audiophile DAC.   As for headphone recommendations, I suppose that depends on your tastes. I'm actually a bit hesitant to recommend the HE-400 because while it's a pretty good headphone for bass and treble, I personally cannot stand the...
Like I said before, local yard sale.No manual, but nevertheless, I made out like a bandit.