Posts by NamelessPFG

Try to win these and hope you've got money left over for a Pro bias amp, perhaps? Or maybe this setup, if you've got a speaker amp on hand and shipping from Australia doesn't murder your budget. Or, just maybe, $600 will be just enough to get you an ESP/950 somewhere. If anything, the headphones are the easy part. The amps, on the other hand...
 Oh, that's nothing. Just wait 'til you've had the chance to play with a big, long, stiff Thrustmaster stick, especially one with a force-sensing mod so it barely moves under all your yanking and banking. Your flight sim pleasure will be taken to new heights! Dear god, what the hell were they thinking with that name? Sure, thrust is the force that pushes an airplane forward, but they're just setting themselves up for things like this. Anyway, on the topic of Enermax PSUs,...
For those of you talking about how hard it is to hit anything in War Thunder's simulation mode, don't feel too bad about it; ANY sufficiently realistic flight sim is like that.   You have to contend with the handling characteristics of your plane alongside realistic ballistics. Getting close is key if you want a guns kill; they say that it wasn't unheard of for World War I pilots to have to clean the blood of their victims off their windshields and that the basic tactic...
 Quite nice indeed...I gotta say, Fractal Design sure makes some sleek cases. Indeed, I've taken 1920x1080 60 FPS to be the norm to the point where it's actually a rude awakening when I see a console version of a game in action and notice it struggling to keep above 30 FPS on sub-720p resolutions. Left 4 Dead 2 on X360 springs to mind...  At that rate, why settle for anything less than the SR-009? Head-Fi definitely is not the place to be talked OUT OF buying things, at...
 Standalone DACs have NO gaming audio features whatsoever, or any other sort of DSP effect for that matter. They just convert a signal from digital to analog; that's it. That's all they're supposed to do. A sound card has a built-in DAC, alongside an ADC for line-in and mic inputs, and on older cards, a hardware DSP for audio processing (which most newer cards handle entirely through their driver/software package), most prominently for gaming audio in a time when CPUs were...
You're better off asking on Mad Lust Envy's guide thread.   From the looks of it, the G4ME ZERO headset appears to be a rebranded PC360, so you can grab one of those and save some cash. MLE thought pretty well of it.   Or I can make your decision a little more difficult and bring up a fourth option: the Beyerdynamic MMX 300.   The soundstage is unusually spacious for a closed headphone, enough for positional audio cues to shine through. Bass is punchy, treble is...
AD700X/AD900X would be the logical next step. I could also bring up vintage Stax, but you'll need to reach for the $300 end of the budget alongside needing a speaker amp to power a transformer box. There's also all those AKG K70x/Q701 models people go gaga over here, but you'll also want a headphone amp to back them up. If it helps, I can offset the cost by buying that AD700. Connector fixes are fairly easy with a soldering iron in hand.
 I'm starting to think that two things are frequently at play here: -Flavor Of The Month. (This does NOT necessarily mean a bad headphone, but FOTM sets tend to have overblown hype.) -My tastes are simply not in line with most people's tastes here. Seems like most people like a V-shaped signature while I prefer a slight arch in the mids. (On top of that, I saw someone call the MA900 "too bright" recently, while I just don't find it bright and sparkly enough...) Well, maybe...
The successor to the Jade, right? I hope they get it right this time... Meanwhile, I just want to note that electrostatic drivers ARE planar-structured by design; they just don't use electromagnetic force. The greater speed and inherently more revealing nature that comes with planar designs is just one aspect of their overall sound presentation. If those two Lambda generations were any indication, even similar driver and frame designs yield radically different results.
Wait, what? The MA900, bright? Am I reading that correctly? The MA900 is dark/warm, if anything. Treble's noticeably held back, no real sparkle to it without an EQ to kick it up a notch. Mids and bass are noticeably more prominent. I'm surprised anyone considers that bright...maybe not being able to hear above 14 KHz is throwing me off. I don't believe in amps as EQ; they need to be transparent while all intended coloration happens at the source. That is to say, EQ on...