or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

Did anyone else here notice Halo 5: Forge suddenly popping up on the Windows Store? That's something I certainly didn't expect to see after what feels like an entire decade of Xbox exclusivity for the mainline titles.   It's free, it seems sensibly optimized for KB+M, has a load of graphics options to tweak (though you're stuck at 16:9 and 60 FPS), and there's enough maps included that it really doesn't look like they withheld anything outside of the singleplayer/co-op...
If you have to have a neatly integrated headset, go look at the Sennheiser PC360/GAME ONE (same thing, just that the PC360 doesn't have a detachable cable) or Beyerdynamic MMX 300. They shouldn't be too difficult to find under $150; I just checked.   Otherwise, there's the ModMic route as mentioned earlier, which gives you total headphone flexibility. If you'd rather not deal with an extra cable and your headphones of choice have a 3.5mm TRS jack for a detachable cable,...
I'm kinda looking forward to it if they deliver even half of what they promised (for which that Gamescom 3.0 alpha demonstration makes some good progress), but they may have become too ambitious for their own good and released too little over the years.   That, and some of their design decisions put me off, like I get the feeling they wouldn't know how to design a proper spaceship cockpit at all, let alone the proper controls or flight systems for one.   The biggest...
 Yeah, I meant that they should release a PC version of it since I noticed that the editions of Infinite Warfare that include the CoD4 remaster are conspicuously console-exclusive. I know that Infinity Ward has catered mostly to console ever since Modern Warfare 2, but c'mon, that's not helping their reputation any. Meanwhile, we're still waiting on Treyarch to bring out those Black Ops III mod tools. That game direly needs Custom Zombies like its predecessors, given the...
 I'm betting those PS4 games are also the same ones that would support PSVR, since that's where our sort of headphone surround tends to be pushed more heavily. They'd be the sort of games that have the capability baked into the engine, and since it says "select PS4 games", implying not all of them support it, it's safe to say you won't be getting that with existing games. Whether they're smart enough to apply that to non-PS4 games is another question entirely.  I know that...
CoD4:MW Remaster? PC version or go home, Infinity Ward, and if you actually do go through with that, keep the leaning, mods and dedicated servers. We don't need a repeat of the Modern Warfare 2 fiasco. Then again, all I really want out of CoD right now is to find all the other BLOPS3 PC players who are willing to get together for some Shadows of Evil runs. Might add the other maps to that once the Season Pass isn't so obscenely overpriced.   See, that's the problem:...
 Long ago, I started on WASD after finally migrating away from arrow keys. Hey, DOS-era gaming habits die hard sometimes. But then I started getting into Tribes 2, which defaults to ESDF. There's actually a very good reason for this, since it uses a ton of binds; for instance, you've got one bind for throwing grenades, another for throwing mines, yet another for placing beacons, and then there's medpacks and repair kits... having that QAZ cluster off to the left helps a...
I just gave the BF1 beta a spin, figuring I'd have no problem with it when I've got a system that manhandles BF4 maxed-out. WRONG, OH SO VERY WRONG. The framerate was in the 30s even on Medium; something really isn't right here. I fired up BF4 again and, yep, it's back to buttery-smoothness.   EA's got a lot of optimization work to do for the beta, because if an i7-4770K 4.6 GHz/32 GB DDR3-2400/GTX 980 setup struggles with it, that rules out a wide swath of the PC...
 I figure that if you wanted authenticity in the first place, you'd go for Verdun instead. That game supposedly does for WWI what Red Orchestra and WWII Online did for WWII, and what OFP/ArmA, Project Reality, Squad, etc. do for the modern day - brutal, unflinching realism. I'll at least give BF1 a chance for the open beta, though there's no way I'm paying release prices for it, especially knowing EA's penchant for Premium practically doubling the price and how BF4 was...
 GTX 980, reference model. Got it for $315 shipped late last year and wanted to be prepared for my Rift CV1 the moment it arrived on my doorstep, which it did back in mid-May. The GTX 1070/1080 weren't out yet and were out of my budget anyway. It's proving to be adequate enough at 1600x1200@95Hz (still missing my FW900 that could do 1920x1200@95Hz just as easily) that it should tide me over until Volta. Hopefully, by then, we'll either have DisplayPort-to-VGA adapters that...