or Connect

Posts by NamelessPFG

Whoa, that's night and day there! They're doing it right, from the looks of it! Though the real question is whether the gameplay handles exactly as you'd expect, or if they manage to botch something in that respect while remastering the whole game in an updated engine. For that matter, are PC players still going to have the leaning, dedicated servers and so forth that they had with the original version?   It's just "Rosetta", though it's named after the famous stone....
Who'd have thought that WWII of all things would seem like a breath of fresh air in the FPS market? I still remember how overdone it was when BF1942 first released amongst all the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty at the time.   At any rate, I'm wondering what the heck a CoD4 remaster would offer to PC gamers. We already have a version that runs at whatever resolution we want, allows for leaning and dedicated servers, supports mods, etc. until CoD:MW2 took all that away...
So there's another headphone Kickstarter about to wrap up soon, huh?   Here's hoping Taction can get the financial traction they need in those last few days, especially since Ossic's Kickstarter just wrapped up a few hours ago.   What I'd actually like to know is if the two groups could eventually collaborate on something, native personalized 3D audio with a tactile transducer that doesn't suck. Then we'd really be getting somewhere instead of having to pick and choose...
 That's what happens when people just want you to tell them what to buy instead of reading your impressions to let them form an idea of whether or not they would prefer a given model. Reading and research takes more effort than some people would like.  The irony for me is that the PSVR is MORE expensive for me than the Rift, simply because I don't already have a PS4 while already owning a PC that's more than capable of handling the Rift and Vive adequately. Maybe that'll...
Update on the PC360: the background popping noise problem does not happen on my desktop. How peculiar.   I can leave the volume knob at full, and there's no background noise whatsoever. Having the X-Fi Titanium HD in there probably helps.   I mean, my notebook's headphone-out was never that great to begin with, but I've never had that noise issue with any other set I've tried in it, just the PC360.   The mic is also remarkably sensitive, and that's on a card that,...
 If you think it's bad now, try on a '90s VR headset with abysmally low resolution and FOV! We've made a lot of progress since then, but still need to go farther. The problem is that out of that 2560x1440 screen on a Gear VR (the only headset at that res you could have tried right now), you only get to see a fraction of the pixels due to the optics. The edges around each eye buffer are considerably wasted!  That drives the push for stupidly pixel-dense screens any more,...
 That would be the sensible thing to do, but at that point, I might as well buy a new headphone. Besides, any mass-production headphone is going to have some minor differences between both drivers. Even then, what's with all the impedance options on mainstream Beyerdynamic drivers? Is there any point besides making them crave a more powerful source? I see no reason to switch from the stock 32-ohm drivers, but there's 80-ohm, 250-ohm and 600-ohm versions, the last of which...
 Oh, hey, would you look at that? I didn't even know they sold standalone drivers! Most manufacturers these days would rather just have you buy a new product at full price. I need the North American site, though, so let's see what I can dig up...http://www.head-fi.org/t/683765/so-i-broke-my-dt770-driver-during-recablinghttp://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/spare-parts.html Looks like I can expect $80 shipped for a new driver if the post in that DT770 thread's...
Aw, crap. I think I just instantly blew my MMX 300's left driver after accidentally leaving the system volume at 100. This was just after a proper recabling, too.   I don't think I need to explain how pissed off I am at the prospect of having to track down another MMX 300/DT770 32-ohm driver and baffle to get this thing fully working once again. It might not even be cost-effective at all compared to just buying a used DT770 and transplanting the drivers.   Meanwhile, I...
 I can't test it, but even so, I wouldn't recommend it. Further testing in my experience revealed that it actually sounded terrible, all distorted and crap compared to running it straight. One of these days, I need to rewrite the guide outright.  Well, this is an interesting forum thread. Sure wish I knew about it earlier; I'll give it a good read and see what I can do to improve those Frostbite engine games' mixing. Everyone here has also been deconstructing what game...