Posts by NamelessPFG

Maybe in years-behind-the-times HDTV land, that's the case due to HDMI bandwidth limitations, but PC monitors have been true 120 Hz and beyond since the days of CRTs. It's part of the reason I'm so fond of my GDM-FW900. As Yethal pointed out, you're really overthinking this. G-SYNC basically lets the GPU control the monitor refresh cycles instead of having to time its frames to the monitor. It only repeats frames in the fashion you're thinking if the framerate drops below...
Personally, the only sort of Mac product I'd really, REALLY want is a Modbook Pro X, provided that it ever gets backed and it's one of the GT 750M configurations so that there's a Tablet PC on the market with a Wacom digitizer that is NOT utterly crippled by Intel graphics for once. It most likely won't hit that funding goal in time due to the extreme cost, though.   But even if I could afford one of those things, I'd probably just set up Boot Camp and run Windows all...
 What did you like so much about the change?I can't speak for OPA2111AMs, but putting LM4562/LME49xx0 variants in place of the stock JRC 2114Ds is a total no-go for me, never again. Everything sounded kinda raspy and shrill on top of the extreme V-shaped response.
There may be some good combinations out there, but I haven't bothered experimenting because I like how the Titanium HD sounds in its stock configuration already. I'd likely find myself disappointed again and again and again.
Don't do that unless you like incredibly jacked-up bass and treble with hollow, distant, recessed mids.I made a similar change and it sounded horrible. Immediately put the JRCs back in and everything sounded much better.
 Destiny ISN'T beloved by gamers as a whole, just because of this. Though even if Jason Jones didn't verbally shoot himself in the foot and collectively piss off the PC gaming community, and even if it actually did have a PC version released alongside all the console versions, you'd probably still have a few snobs and elitists that don't like the game anyway, not to mention those who just aren't into that genre of gaming. You can't expect to please everyone, but hey,...
 See, this is what I hated about BF2142 onward: you're expected to unlock all the decent stuff or die trying. It was especially irritating in Bad Company 2 when everyone else had the M60 + Magnum Ammo and I didn't yet, well before the M60 got nerfed hard. Basically, two hits from that and you're dead, made doubly worse by BC2's wonky hit detection. EA even saw a monetization opportunity here and started selling hideously expensive unlock shortcut "DLC" for those of us who...
 The Wii U's problem is that it has no S/PDIF output. It's either HDMI audio with LPCM 7.1 or RCA with optional Dolby Pro Logic II encoding (that the Mixamp can decode into 5.1 on its RCA inputs for Dolby Headphone to work with), as I understand it. What we really need is a Mixamp sort of device with HDMI input and video passthrough so we don't have to put up with the bulk of a whole A/V receiver just for Dolby Headphone mixing and still find ourselves devoid of voice chat...
I meant just bypassing the Windows audio stack and its imperfections while still being able to have a VoIP conversation with friends and whatnot.This approach still wouldn't let me listen to a music player without CMSS-3D Headphone affecting it while playing a game, and in the OpenAL plugin case, I can't even run a game that uses hardware acceleration without sound conflicts between the two programs.That sort of thing would probably require two separate audio devices, one...
Hmmm, I should test how well the Titanium HD handles that.I personally use ASIO in Audio Creation Mode with bit-matched playback, or more likely, a particular OpenAL plugin for Winamp so I can bypass the Windows audio stack without switching out of Game Mode. X-Fi mode switching is a crapshoot sometimes, so I prefer to avoid it.Then again, I just don't like how WASAPI exclusive mode mutes everything else. The other two APIs don't do that.