Posts by takt

I think there is a change in the board design/layout as well, mainly for efficiency in building the amp.
The only reason why I'm sticking with a Sik product and haven't gone for the Pocketdock is because of the lack of the locking feature. Sik features a locking mechanism that is similar to the existing Apple connector (locking teeth, push buttons on the side). Pocketdock doesn't have that and can be ripped out of the line out accidentally.
Don't forget about the go-vibe! It has the ability to roll op-amps, meaning you can tailor the sound to the equipment you use. But it's a bit more expensive, but still under $100USD.
You may be interested (if you get the volume control on the amp) in a product that uses the line out on your iPod. The line out is different than your normal headphone out. It is that flat connector at the bottom of your iPod. While the volume coming out of this line out is loud (don't plug your headphones directly into this like I did through the dock), a volume control somewhere along the line, either in the amp or headphones should do the trick. A lot of people...
Has anyone ordered a Sik ram din cable from Canada? How much did you pay for shipping? Pay any duty on top of it as well? Anyone planning to buy one soon? Maybe we can ship together to bring down the cost of this absurd shipping. I mean, the cable costs $21.95USD, shipping is $15.50USD! It's almost as much as the cable!!! %@#$!!! Are there any alternative means I might not know of that could bring the cost down rather than getting shafted hard?
I'm wasn't sure whether to put this in the DIY Section or the Cabling section, but decided on here because it makes more sense here. This is a downloadable video from the creators of systm.org (hardware hacking/diy) who did thebroken.org (computer hacking) shows. DESCRIPTION: Episode 3 - Making High Quality A/V Cables In this episode we teach you how to make the same cables that most broadcast engineers use for their own projects and talk about why they don't buy...
I was going through a similar situation 2-3 days ago, and finally decided yesterday. You should check out the "sticky" thread at the top of the Amplification forum. It's called Compilation of Portable Amps. This will help you with something in your price range. Don't be afraid to search for the amp of interest in these forums, as many of the questions you have now or will have in the future have already been asked and answered in the past. Head-Fi also has a For...
Here's a great deal going on while supplies last (I'm guessing) at FutureShop. $39.99 Koss Portapro @ Futureshop Try ordering online or phoning the store before you visit because some people have noted that they might not have stock.
Thank you for that link. It has given me confidence on deciding on a purchase. I knew it was a good match, but there's always that problem I see of curious people and upgradatitis. I wanted something that would be great across the board, should I decide to upgrade to new earphones or eventually get a great set of cans. I was only curious as to why no one ever spoke of it, since it's been around for a while. Though my biggest gripe right now is whether a Super Mini...
I'm deciding which amp to get to use with my soon-to-be lined out iPod with Sony EX71s, and have narrowed it down to three. go-vibe, PocketAmp 2 V2 and the Super Mini Moy. But it seems as if no one ever mentions anything about the Super Mini Moy. Is it not as good as the go-vibe or PocketAmp2? It's got dual OPA227 opamps which are buffered (Anyone care to enlighten me as to what buffering is?). The go-vibe has single opamp, unbuffered. PocketAmp2 has it's own single...