Posts by RingingEars

Superfine job sir. Look at all those cables
Congrats on the new cable. I've had my Draug for a few months now and absolutely love it. 
Ah good to know. I guess I'll be picking one up as well. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Excellent. I look forward to your report. I briefly had the 501 and know this was a debate going on at the time, but I ended up sending the 501 back due to a defect and never followed up on the conclusion...
Great. now I'm going to have to get my box out of storage when I get home and smell it...
I think the 301 uses the same USB board as the 501 and I know that there was some questions a while back about the 501s USB being powered by the 5v on the USB as opposed to having its own power supply. Not sure if this was ever resolved though.Thanks for the honest answer though. Much appreciated...
Have you tried this dac with and without the wyrd?Wondering if you notice any discernible difference with it?I'm thinking of picking one up... 
I received this dac yesterday and have to say that I really like it. It sounds very neutral and clean. I have it connected to a Decware CSP3 with stock tubes, stock power cord, and silver "My Cables" interconnects. Running my HE-400i out of the dacs headphone amplifier sounds really good. The headphone amp in the 301 sounds clean and full with the 400i. the 301 has plenty of power for efficient cans . 12 to 1 o'clock on the volume dial puts the 400i in a good listening...
I just picked one of these up tonight. I had the 501 a few months ago and really liked it, but I had to send it back because it had a defect.  How does the 301 stack up against the 501? I see it has the same components, but lacks the filter settings of the 501.
So I take it that the "forever funders" will not see their Pulses until the end of summer into fall, maybe next winter?