Posts by HideousPride

Yes, believe it or not, it's not very difficult to pick out the word used in a clearly visible blue hyperlink. A used ESW9A at that price is quite a good price, as the multitude of people above me have already mentioned. You are not the ultimate judge of what is and what is not a good deal, so let people post what they think is a good value. This thread doesn't exist to cater to your specific preferences.
Fantastic as always! Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly document your experience.
 Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I prefer the FR to some of the other TOTL IEMs I've owned including the Fitear 334, Parterre, and the Ocharaku Kaede.Especially for IEMs, once you get past the ~$300-$400 range you're getting into weeds and trying to find a pairing that maximizes the little nuances you most value and that has a sound signature that suits your tastes. Apart from some really bad experiences where I struggled to find any positives, most...
Wrote it on my work laptop which unfortunately is running on some ancient version of Internet Explorer. I'll clean up the formatting and add pictures when I get home.
Eclipse TD-M1 Review As someone who has barely started treading water into the ocean that is the world of speakers, I am not the most qualified reviewer of the Eclipse TD-M1 by a long shot. As a consumer who enjoys music and who has a fair grasp on what good sound sounds like, I can at least give you my honest opinion to help you decide whether these are worth your time and consideration. I first became really interested in speakers after a private audition of the...
FWIW, I greatly prefer the XS over both the Momentum On-Ear and Over Ear. For $200, you're getting a heckuva lot of stuff here. The biggest plus is V-Moda did something brilliant about the clamp. The pressure is very evenly distributed and it's likely the most comfortable on-ear I've ever experienced. The foldability, durability and accessories are big pluses as well. Customer service is excellent dealing direct, I got a pair of custom designed shields with zero wait and...
I had the chance to pick up an AK120 from a local sale. I personally prefer the AK240, but don't find myself using the additional benefits it has over the original AK120 (streaming, wifi downloads, etc) all that often. Thinking about keeping the AK120 to save myself a pretty penny. Kept in flawless condition. You'll notice that there's actually a thin sheet over the screen protector that can be peeled off (a protector for the screen protector, if you will). I haven't even...
Bought a lot of stuff and think it'd be good to give some of it a new home. LFF Enigma - Luis' newest and greatest headphone. Think TH-900's fun signature without the recessed mids. Plays nicely even off the iPhone 5 and sounds fantastic. Reason for sale is the clamp's a bit tight for me. I happen to have a really large head and can't have it on for more than an hour or two without needing a break. Just a heads up for fellow large headed people out there. Kept in pristine...
Guess what just landed?   It's pretty ridiculous that after all this time since the loaner tour started, we only have one review up. It seems discourteous of the people who participated to not be able to follow a simple request. I will definitely be posting my thoughts and impressions.    Just a few things right off the bat:   Definitely compact size! The speakers are quite weighty though. Pro tip: You need to download a driver before your PC will recognize the...
It could also be the recording. If the rest of your music doesn't exhibit the same problem, it could be that the song was either poorly recorded or that you downloaded a poorly ripped version.