Posts by HideousPride

I don't know if they sell it anymore since coming out with V1.2, but the original Audioquest Dragonfly is a pretty neat $100 product that I rather like as a portable amp/DAC combo.   We've got a employee at the office who swears by the TCG TRD3 if you're into obscure stuff that potentially sounds really good.   I personally like the Schiit stacks a lot from both a sonic and aesthetic standpoint, but that might be pushing the budget.
Thanks! Trying to do UE the same justice as you did RIVA with your review. Mike did mention that the team recently just got the OK to more widely publicize the cool stuff they do, so it was probably just good timing on my part.
Having heard both, if you're a fan of the bass on the 535s you'll really enjoy the UE 18s. Then again, take everything I say with a grain of salt since I've got skin in the game. Just finished writing the article on my trip to UE! Check it out in the second post of the thread. :)
I listened to the original Pandora X at CES 2015 and liked what I heard. They were a neat set of cans that sounded different than the other flagships on the market. The price is a little -gulp-, but I'd like to give them another shot. Has anything changed from the unit back in January to the current SONOROUS X version? 
Ultimate Ears Get with the Times It's an exciting time to be an audiophile. It seems like every year, new and ground breaking audio products are being released. From the Sennheiser HD 800 in 2009 to the HiFiMAN HE1000 in 2015, manufacturers in the industry are furiously innovating to bring you, the customer, the latest and greatest goodies money can buy.   It might not be quite as sexy to talk about, but upgrades to existing infrastructure and manufacturing equipment...
Starting Monday, June 22nd, Massdrop and Ultimate Ears are bringing you a very special, limited-time deal on UE's flagship model, the 18 Pro. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-18-pro-custom-in-ear-monitors Featuring 6 balanced armatures, 4 passive crossover points and triple bore sound channels, this is one drop that you don't want to miss. Ultimate Ears really opened up shop on this one - specialty materials like Titanium and Carbon Fiber, as well as...
Will be attending, looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Selling things to fund more things.   Beyer T90 Jubilee Edition - New in box. Asking Sold. CEntrance Mini-M8 - Neat amp/DAC combo that packs quite the punch. Asking $350. Westone W60 - Too many flagships. Comes with an upgraded Furutech ADL iHP-35M cable (retail $126). Asking Sold. Cayin N6 - LNIB. Asking $475. Lear FSM02-V2 - LNIB. Asking $200. Chane A5rx-c - Amazingly fantastic 5-driver speakers. Too large to store well. Asking $700.   Pictures upon request,...
Selling things to fund more things.   Beyer T90 Jubilee Edition - New in box. Asking Sold. CEntrance Mini-M8 - Neat amp/DAC combo that packs quite the punch. Asking $350. Westone W60 - Too many flagships. Comes with an upgraded Furutech ADL iHP-35M cable (retail $126). Asking Sold. Cayin N6 - LNIB. Asking $475. Lear FSM02-V2 - LNIB. Asking $200. Chane A5rx-c - Amazingly fantastic 5-driver speakers. Too large to store well. Asking $700.   Pictures upon request,...
Hey Everyone,   In the past 6 months or so, Massdrop has been able to offer some really cool AKG products. The K7XX was an ground breaking open-back collaboration between AKG, Massdrop, and our community. The K553 was a neat closed-back can that did a lot right at the price. With these two products, I feel we’ve covered a lot of ground regarding home/stationary use headphones.   I’m excited to announce that later on this week (of May 19th), we’ll be launching the AKG...