Posts by Deverica Wolf

Does the LCD-3 work better for certain genres or is it just a choice of preference?
 What's going wrong with the LCD-XC? I'm not keeping up to date.
 I can always feel the LCD-2 on my head when listening but they only bother it occasionally. My neck on the other end never gets used to them. Since I've owned them, my neck will get pretty sore from time to time. I'm OK then all of a sudden I get a bad pain when I bend it. The LCD-X is even heavier. Yay.  My Rev. 2 was purchased December 2011. Mine are wonderful and I am sure yours are too. Audeze simply kept at it and made what was already awesome even better. Thanks for...
I just want to say that all this LCD-X being awesome talk has me jumping around in my seat giddy like a kid. I really want one and I can't wait to get them. The LCD-2 is great with everything I throw at it. I don't listen to classical music so that aside everything rocks with it. I can see the LCD-X being my one can for a long, long time.   When I bought my LCD-2 at the end of 2011, I contemplated getting the LCD-3. The Schitt stack wasn't out at the time so all amps and...
 I look forward to reading your thoughts! I have to prepare the sale then still save up a little for the X so I'm sure I'll hear your thoughts first. Still, I can't imagine preferring the 2 in any way. The soundstage has always been the weak spot with the 2s, everyone knows this. I can't quite hear the sludge that people talk about, but I know it must be there. Once I hear the X's clarity, I know I would never enjoy the 2s in the same way again. As I am in my final days...
Lovely to see everyone liking the LCD-X better than the other Audeze 'phones for the most part. Even better to see them sounding great with the V200! I'm seriously thinking about putting my LCD-2 R.2 up for sale so I can fund the X. I know it would be smarter to buy the X, compare, and sell the one I don't want...but my way is much MUCH quicker for money.   From what I've read, the only area the LCD-2 competes with the X is it has more bass quantity, but I think...
 No, it's not too warm at all. Perfect is the word. Not that I don't mind a less warm, more detailed presentation but I love the sound of this system. I wanted a vinyl-like sound and I got it. I could save and buy the LCD-X and then decide which I'd like to keep, but I think my easier option is to just sell the LCD-2 first. Saving the $700 or so up after is no problem. I basically want to keep the Audeze house sound, but you know, have it better in every way. For those who...
 That's great news! So, will the LCD-X and V200 go well with my warm-sounding Rega DAC? The LCD-2s sound AMAZING out of the pair. Will the LCD-X gel well with them as well? Please let me know 'cause I want to upgrade sometime soon!
 I look forward to it. I much enjoyed your comparison of the LCD-2 & 3 and have read it several times.
I find the Audeze to be heavy. It's gets to me after wearing it for several hours, if I go that long. My neck can feel a slight strain. It's nothing too bad but can be annoying. The real problem with the LCD-2 is the same as when I first bought them: The pain around the ears. There is a lot of pressure in that area. The first month while the pads were breaking in they hurt like hell, and every now and then a similar feeling comes back and bites me. I don't know what causes...