or Connect

Posts by Devarika Woulf

Yeah, my LCD-2.2 is smooth as anything. It was that relaxing sound that initially drew me to buy then keep it, with my gear trying to emulate a vinyl system. You can throw anything at it and it handles it wonderfully without being too harsh yet keeping great resolution. That guy must hear differently from us. I've never heard a HD650 but everything I read said the LCD was easily the better headphone.
Hi. I'm comparing the FLC8s to the DN-2000J and from reading various posts it seems most who've heard both greatly prefer the FLC8s. So seeing as I'm in the market for a new IEM for my phone, I might as well get the best at this price point right? Problem is it's over the price I wanted to spend on an IEM I'll only use when I'm on the go, and that's not counting the cable upgrade after. So I'm realizing maybe these could also be used as a replacement for my ULTRASONE PRO...
 Thanks for the replies everyone; very helpful! I just took a listen to my phone and it has great mids but I find the sound too bassy and a bit closed in, dark. It could be the earbuds themselves but I don't have any other pair to compare them to (my two ULTRASONEs sound too distant and need an amp, but sound somewhat dark as well). I don't plan on selling my phone anytime soon as I quite like it, but also I'm not a phone freak and limited by being no contract. Maybe in a...
Hi. Looking to get a new IEM for my Motorola Moto X Pure Edition smartphone. Coming from a $46 pair I'd like something better as the phone is great for music. I also own a RoCooP portable player (with a built-in amp) which is better though I use my ULTRASONE PRO 900 for them usually. I am looking at the DN-2000J and comparing it to the Sennheiser IE80 and RHA T20. All three seem great but I notice reviews for the DN-2000J make it sound like a balanced out of this world...
Hey. I own a pair of the Wicked PUR800 which I paid $46 for back in 2011. I recently bought a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition smartphone and to my ears it has great quality audio for a phone. Trying out advanced players such as Neutron has led to me thinking perhaps it's time to upgrade my earbuds as it might be holding back the sound. I was wondering if you guys think I'll hear the upgrade if I pick up a pair of IE80s? I normally prefer a warm sound (see my main gear) but I...
So it seems the majority like the HD800S over the original HD800. There seems to be a loss of soundstage width but I always read how it was a bit too big anyway. Seems to be worth any loss there for the better tone.   Like the normal HD800, it seems the HD800S will work great with the Violectric V200. So if I sell my LCD-2.2 and grab the 800S, what can I be expecting? If I wanted a tighter, more neutral sound, is the 800S the way to go? Thinking the Audeze bass is...
 In-case anyone was interested. Shouldn't be hard at all to replace ourselves but it'd be nice if they came with it to save time. Something to inquiry about.
 Thanks. From what I've read the Rega pairs well with the HD800 and though it adds a little color, it really has great mids. It will do the job until I perhaps find something more neutral. I'm also reading that my Violectric V200 pairs well with the HD800 so perhaps I should grab the HD800 soon and sell the V200 later but I think the warmth of both the V200 and Rega will hold the HD800 back. One thing that scares me though is that I read the HDVA 600 only sounds good...
 The price of the HDVA 600 is currently $1200 so I assumed the HDVD 800 at $2100 was quite a bit better than it. My Rega cost $1000 new so it probably is better but I wonder if it and the HDVA would pair well together. Gets me excited thinking about it...I want to try the HD800.
 It's funny, I made this post over two years ago and nothing has changed. The HD800 is still king for many while Audeze's models of the time are being replaced by new versions which for the most part are more loved. I've contemplated selling my LCD-2.2 and getting an LCD-X but never did. The HD800's sound has always perplexed my mind; I've pictured it having too much treble, high in sibilance, and light in bass. Now I know that it's not true and is more dependent on your...