or Connect

Posts by D3Seeker

To be 100%, most of what goes on in most of these threads is either misconception of the inner workings, "fights" over the greyer areas, and even as seen here people not even knowing squat about the very thing they are gushing over (other than it sounds good :/ ). I mean even the article posted (again) a few pages back on DSD just shows how obtuse this audio thing can be
AYYYY. I'm sorry. Not what I meant at all, at least not in a terribly brash way. Oh poo
All I'm saying is we should know about what we're asking for first before asking for it. It only makes sense, enthusiast or not. And if it was taken as an insult I can't really apologize for it. I tend to be er.. blunt in delivery sure, but the knowledge of a few major point is grossly lacking and a bit more research is mandatory on all of us if we're really going to be inputting to our beloved James and really understanding some of the decisions they've made thus far, or...
Don't you people know what an ISO is? (I am completely confounded by the technical ineptitude here) An ISO is just a disk image. That's why next to none is supporting it on a player, it's a completely different beast. It's meant to contain literally ANY AND EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN that is meant to be burned to a disk or make 'bit for bit' copies of said disk. The few players that can read an ISO have gone through some hoops that really do not apply directly to the audio...
If, snd a big if. One I wont hold my breath on. We can't even get these guys to consistently take fill advantage of the red book. Fine fun for those listening to generas where they'll go through the trouble but no where near wide spread enough yo matter for now [not whole heartedly for me anyway at the moment]
This is (was?) getting silly. I'm glad to see progress is being made but I seriously may scream if I have to hear that DSD term again. It exists and it would be nice if the folk who have collections of music that was actually recorded/properly trasposed to the format would have their cake and eat it as well >:{ As for the rest of us we'd only be lucky if the guy mastering the latest album would leave the door open so we could sneak in and export the album in the full...
That it is.
I'm gonna be in my hundreds before I get my passion fruit. What is this thing all about, hmmmm :? And to the mutt down talking the spec horz among us, try actually running a decently optimized device rom to it's knees with actuall use before you telling people how to look at these things..... It certainly had more raw power than any of the stand alone media players, thpugh that no doubt only thanks to the phone part. Shame really but progress is progress I suppose, even...

hmmm..