Posts by jrmhng

Yep, just realised that this happens with grounded sources i.e. E18 connected to a charging laptop. Doesnt happen with my phone or E18 connected to my phone...
 Are you saying this isn't a manufacturing defect but quite normal? I feel like it isn't just static build up. I have never experienced this with any other headphone (including others with a metal housing). It is only out of the left one (blue) and happens when connected to my FiiO E18.
I recently got the Senfer 4in1 from Aliexpress (NiceHCK Audio Store). The blue one keeps shocking my ear every 5 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else dealt with defects with NiceHCK? How did they respond?
I found out the uDac I was given was v1. For the price of free, it beats the on-board sound card right?    
Does it seem that external DAC / amp manufacturers are charging outrageous prices then given the price of the components?    
  Maybe ask someone to help you out with a blind test first.    
My friend gifted me a NuForce uDac v1. Not a high-end device I realise.   I have tried it with 320 mp3s with my Monster Turbine Golds.   I 'think' it is more rounded / full-bodied / less tin-y compared to my on-board soundcard inb my Thinkpad but that really could be placebo.   I might ask someone to help me do a blind test.    
Are there any blind studies as to this?   Also I notice you have a resonably high-end internal sound card. Does that make a difference for you compared to the on-board sound card?
A number of reasons but just NOT audibly improving sound quality?
  Well sound is objectively measurable. We also know what the usual bounds of human hearing is.   If external DACs does improve jitter but does there is no audible difference, why do some the guys here still sink $$$ into external DACs?