Posts by Dsnuts

Nope. He got banned a while ago for reasons that usually have to do with either being a arse hat or something negative that didn't add to what headfi was about or both. Admins don't ban people because they don't like a certain iem or phone. That happens with every phone. He keeps on trying to start a new alias and comes back to headfi thinking everything is OK but I do believe he is permabanned meaning he is not welcome here at all.   People have the right to like or...
Released Dec 24th. Might have to snap up a pair and see. Looks interesting for certain.
The way the drivers line up is similar to the KEF M200. I do like that it has a large rear end housing. Should make for an interesting stage and depth. Anything by Zero Audio we have to pay attention to. Will be interesting to see where they price these at.
Rain2s will definitely benefit from some break in time.
Ya these are easy to drive but they are somewhat picky of source. Most DAPs will do great with them. Amping is another matter. They sound great amped but it has to have a low noise floor and low out put for the Rain2 to sound their best. So far every Dap I own sounds great with the Rain2 and with every day of burn in it has better transparency and clarity.
I would say much better than the S5 with more forward and defined mid section and a more cleaner treble presence with less treble grain.Vocal clarity is better than the phones you put on here. These kinda sound like the FXZ200 amped well but with about 2-3 dbs less mid bass more proper stage width wise and a touch more treble just as deep a sound.  Bass is really nice on these too. Full bodied with great quality. These have a similar roomy sound to the CKS1000 a bit lesser...
 Poetry of sound is a good way to describe these. I am just writing what I am hearing. People are gonna love these.  Without a doubt in my mind the Rain2 is what your looking for. A very nice upgrade to the MH1C sound. Much better depth of sound and more lively treble with more shimmer/sparkle. vs the MH1C. More natural tonality. Bass wise I would say the Rain2 has a better mid bass to sub bass balance over the MH1C. Way better mids presentation, plus you don't have to...
3rd night of burn in. This morning I noticed the Rain2 has even better clarity and detail over previous days of listening. This earphone brings a smile to my face every time I hear them. Today they sound exceptional out of my DX90. I feel I am hearing them at almost max capacity. I say almost because I do plan on keeping them on the burn in for a few more nights.   The sound signature has honed down to a fine point. The highs have cleaned up and tightened with better...
Sound has not changed much from yesterday but I tried a bit of tip rolling for the Rain2 and tips have a great effect on the sound of the Rain2. It seems to me the best sound of the Rain2 comes from the stock tips. I always throw on my JVC Spiral dots first on any new earphone just because they happen to be the best tips I own and has a positive effect on most if not all earphones I have tried them with. No exception here however it seems the longer nozzle of the Spiral...
It is a portable Dac/amp. Sound card for your tablets, iphone, computers. It has some interesting tech behind the specs. It uses an internal lithium Ion battery for a sound buffer/ filter that actively cleans up the signal giving it a very clean sound. Kinda unique to this unit over much more expensive dac/amps I mentioned in the review.