or Connect

Posts by Fiberoptix

Finally willing to part with my FA 4E XB if anyone's interested. PM for details.
I'd pick the A5's (I have never used the newer A5x so not sure if this is different) over the Genelec's any day for a desktop setup. The A5 is very dependant on correct nearfield positioning to get the best though otherwise, as a room speaker they lose their magic. Also the A5 is very precisely tuned and will not reach low sub bass. It does exactly what it says on the tin and provides accuracy at the frequency specified. The Genelec is a bit more boomy in the low end so...
I own both Adam A5's and 8010 and have tried both with the Mojo. Some observations...   Genelec's do indeed provided a great active desktop setup. They are small, tough as nails (a lot heavier than you'd expect!), can pump out some serious volume (without distortion) for their size. However, compared to the A5's they lack transparency and soundstage depth. The 8010 sound great but they feel very much like you are 'listening to the speaker' whereas with the A5 positioned...
I'm running Adam A5's off Mojo as a desktop setup.    Sounds really musical to me! I've had the Adam's for 6 years and still going strong.    I've not done in-depth analysis/comparisons with my other DAC's but I'm now only using the Mojo to feed them running Spotify (with Equalify Pro so I can send ASIO/Wasapi signal direct to Mojo) and it does the job for me.    I can't recommend Adam A5 speakers enough (and the A7X are even more amazing). They're analytical, yes,...
 Thanks Paulus. But does it sound realistic in depth? Many IEM's can re-produce the micro-details of the cues in the presentation but most fall short in resolving it in a realistic fashion. e.g. flattening the presentation and diffusing the sound in width. This gives that initial wow factor because it feels that the soundstage is wide and huge but actually is not realistic and gets boring quick! I feel depth is really key in getting it right. 
Hi guys,    Please could someone comment in a bit more detail on the soundstage and imaging.    Does the Q5 portray realistic depth of presentation? I think IEM's generally stuggle in this respect but the best I have come across is the Flare R2PRO which gives you a real sense of distance of all the elements of the in the music. The R2PRO is a full-range dynamic. I am yet to come across a full BA setup that has comparable depth Fischer FA4E XB falls short in this regard...
Had these for around 1 month - ordered directly from Heir.    Fantastic TOTL IEM. Amazing clarity, soundstage and imaging. Deep, textured bass with lush, emotional midrange and accurate treble. The ambience these are able to portray is incredible.    Unfortunately due to my narrow ear canals I cannot get a good/comfortable fit so hoping to sell on and either go custom or move on to the Rhapsodio Solar Universal as it has a much narrower nozzle (having read all reviews...
Price reduction (-£10)
For sale, brand new:   1 x VE Zen 2.0 + Free VE Monk + Free Baldoor/Mrice E100 + Free Earhoox + Free Earbud Pads   All in brand new condition, used to test no more than 30 mins each set. Unfortunately earbuds just don't sit right in my ear so I'll be sticking to IEM's. i can certainly see what all the noise is about though. The Zen's are amazing (tested through Chord Mojo) and I imagine they get even better after the 200hrs burn in recommended.
I'm close to ordering a Mojo this week after an underwhelming experience with the Fiio X7 (which is being returned).   I have been using a HRT Microstreamer which I've been extremely happy with SQ wise and use this daily at work playing my downloaded extreme quality Spotify playlists off my laptop. Occasionally I will dip into my collection of FLAC but this is rare as I personally don't notice that much improvement vs. Spotify.    I switch between Fischer Amps FA-4E...