or Connect

Posts by Fiberoptix

Had these for around 1 month - ordered directly from Heir.    Fantastic TOTL IEM. Amazing clarity, soundstage and imaging. Deep, textured bass with lush, emotional midrange and accurate treble. The ambience these are able to portray is incredible.    Unfortunately due to my narrow ear canals I cannot get a good/comfortable fit so hoping to sell on and either go custom or move on to the Rhapsodio Solar Universal as it has a much narrower nozzle (having read all reviews...
Price reduction (-£10)
For sale, brand new:   1 x VE Zen 2.0 + Free VE Monk + Free Baldoor/Mrice E100 + Free Earhoox + Free Earbud Pads   All in brand new condition, used to test no more than 30 mins each set. Unfortunately earbuds just don't sit right in my ear so I'll be sticking to IEM's. i can certainly see what all the noise is about though. The Zen's are amazing (tested through Chord Mojo) and I imagine they get even better after the 200hrs burn in recommended.
I'm close to ordering a Mojo this week after an underwhelming experience with the Fiio X7 (which is being returned).   I have been using a HRT Microstreamer which I've been extremely happy with SQ wise and use this daily at work playing my downloaded extreme quality Spotify playlists off my laptop. Occasionally I will dip into my collection of FLAC but this is rare as I personally don't notice that much improvement vs. Spotify.    I switch between Fischer Amps FA-4E...
Hmmm - seems odd!   Listening to music now streaming from Spotify using my HRT Microstreamer DAC from laptop and it's on a completely different level compared to the Fiio.    I was hoping the X7 was going to exceed the Microstreamer but maybe I was expecting too much.   Firmware was on 1.7 - updating now to 1.8, will see if there is any improvement.
So my X7 arrived in the post today. Returned home very exited to try it out.   As a quick test I downloaded Spotify and one of my playlists in extreme quality and plugged in my Fidelio L2 cans.   I was pretty disappointed with the result! The SQ was just not right. I switched up and tried with my FA 4e XB and then Flare R2A, but same conclusion.    Now I don't expect the output using Spotify to be on par with using the native Fiio player and high quality files (not...
Hi all, I'm currently on the verge of ordering these (my list is between pinnacle p1, savant and flc8s) and wondering if anyone could compare against R2A or R2PRO? My current IEM's are Fischer Amps FA 4E XB and R2A, I much prefer the sig. of the R2A, looking for something with engaging mids and spacious presentation.
Can anybody compare these to the Flare Audio R2A?   For me the R2A has smashed everything else I've been using. They've beat out my Fischer Amps FA 4E XB (which have been my best IEM for over 2 years now) and I'm even enjoying them more than my Fidelio L2 Cans.
I picked up the monster tri-flanges also - using the larger pair. These are perfect for me. I'm now getting the deep seal I wanted but without the 'suction' effect which was affecting the sound for me.   I also picked up the HRT Microstreamer as I was looking for something portable I could use in the office. I have to say, this thing is amazing! It really improves the laptop headphone out, I was quite surprised as I hadn't expected such a jump in clarity, width and...
The Dunu are a very good earphone, and as many have mentioned on headfi, there's little it does wrong. However, to me, the driver configuration seems slightly disjointed. The full spectrum just doesn't connect together coherently, the subbass is nice and deep but seems detached from everything else. Don't get me wrong, the presentation is very enjoyable, the soundstage is big, more so than the FA's, everything seems further away.The high's of the Dunu are OK, but there is...