or Connect

Posts by Fiberoptix

I'm running Adam A5's off Mojo as a desktop setup.    Sounds really musical to me! I've had the Adam's for 6 years and still going strong.    I've not done in-depth analysis/comparisons with my other DAC's but I'm now only using the Mojo to feed them running Spotify (with Equalify Pro so I can send ASIO/Wasapi signal direct to Mojo) and it does the job for me.    I can't recommend Adam A5 speakers enough (and the A7X are even more amazing). They're analytical, yes,...
 Thanks Paulus. But does it sound realistic in depth? Many IEM's can re-produce the micro-details of the cues in the presentation but most fall short in resolving it in a realistic fashion. e.g. flattening the presentation and diffusing the sound in width. This gives that initial wow factor because it feels that the soundstage is wide and huge but actually is not realistic and gets boring quick! I feel depth is really key in getting it right. 
Hi guys,    Please could someone comment in a bit more detail on the soundstage and imaging.    Does the Q5 portray realistic depth of presentation? I think IEM's generally stuggle in this respect but the best I have come across is the Flare R2PRO which gives you a real sense of distance of all the elements of the in the music. The R2PRO is a full-range dynamic. I am yet to come across a full BA setup that has comparable depth Fischer FA4E XB falls short in this regard...
Had these for around 1 month - ordered directly from Heir.    Fantastic TOTL IEM. Amazing clarity, soundstage and imaging. Deep, textured bass with lush, emotional midrange and accurate treble. The ambience these are able to portray is incredible.    Unfortunately due to my narrow ear canals I cannot get a good/comfortable fit so hoping to sell on and either go custom or move on to the Rhapsodio Solar Universal as it has a much narrower nozzle (having read all reviews...
Price reduction (-£10)
For sale, brand new:   1 x VE Zen 2.0 + Free VE Monk + Free Baldoor/Mrice E100 + Free Earhoox + Free Earbud Pads   All in brand new condition, used to test no more than 30 mins each set. Unfortunately earbuds just don't sit right in my ear so I'll be sticking to IEM's. i can certainly see what all the noise is about though. The Zen's are amazing (tested through Chord Mojo) and I imagine they get even better after the 200hrs burn in recommended.
I'm close to ordering a Mojo this week after an underwhelming experience with the Fiio X7 (which is being returned).   I have been using a HRT Microstreamer which I've been extremely happy with SQ wise and use this daily at work playing my downloaded extreme quality Spotify playlists off my laptop. Occasionally I will dip into my collection of FLAC but this is rare as I personally don't notice that much improvement vs. Spotify.    I switch between Fischer Amps FA-4E...
Hmmm - seems odd!   Listening to music now streaming from Spotify using my HRT Microstreamer DAC from laptop and it's on a completely different level compared to the Fiio.    I was hoping the X7 was going to exceed the Microstreamer but maybe I was expecting too much.   Firmware was on 1.7 - updating now to 1.8, will see if there is any improvement.
So my X7 arrived in the post today. Returned home very exited to try it out.   As a quick test I downloaded Spotify and one of my playlists in extreme quality and plugged in my Fidelio L2 cans.   I was pretty disappointed with the result! The SQ was just not right. I switched up and tried with my FA 4e XB and then Flare R2A, but same conclusion.    Now I don't expect the output using Spotify to be on par with using the native Fiio player and high quality files (not...
Hi all, I'm currently on the verge of ordering these (my list is between pinnacle p1, savant and flc8s) and wondering if anyone could compare against R2A or R2PRO? My current IEM's are Fischer Amps FA 4E XB and R2A, I much prefer the sig. of the R2A, looking for something with engaging mids and spacious presentation.