Posts by mrip541

Canada Mexico  Costa rica Belize Trinidad and tobago France Italy Switzerland Spain Thailand Vietnam Cambodia Australia   I live in nyc. All for pleasure as opposed to work. I have been very fortunate.
Yesterday I stood next to someone on the NYC 4/5 express going downtown rocking 325s into a JDS amp. I give it a roughly 100% chance that you're around here somewhere. Thumbs up!
  You can also take the subway to Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn and get on the LIRR there. The LIRR trains at Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal don't run on the same schedule so be sure to look at the correct one.
I believe I'll have 3 non forum members coming along with me.
Spotify. J-pop. No amp. I have identified your problems    Download the sampler from hdtracks: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=login&redirectto=samplealbumdownload&ialbum_id=13598   Do any of those sound better?   The 535s aren't made for pop and certainly not for streaming music. The 535s let you hear how crappy that stuff really is.   In my experience drums and cymbals in particular sound terrible when the quality of the recording isn't up to...
  Honestly pretty low. I don't remember seeing a Sennheiser table there last year. I think Woo Audio had an hd-800 but I didn't see much Sennheiser stuff.
  For the ultra high-end home audio rooms it's mostly sit and listen to a demonstration with some of the smaller/shared rooms letting you play around. For the headphone stuff it was all, choose headphones from a stand, pull up a chair and have at it.   Someone above mentioned IEMs. I didn't see any at last year's show.
I'll be bringing a foobar-->HUD-MX1 dac --> Emmline HR-2 setup. My "big guns" are IEMs but I'll bring along a Grado 60i and ATH-M50. I might upgrade the dac before the meet, who knows!
"Sadly, once you actually start listening to them, it becomes obvious that besides the bass, everything else is painfully harsh and piercing, with a shrill, metallic characteristic to the sound."     ^This. If you like anything other than bass, don't get the pro 900. I had mine for maybe a few hours before deciding to sell them.
I went last year. If you like audio gear, it will be awesome. It's that simple.  Where else can you listen to hundreds of thousands of $ of audio equipment (single rooms were filled with small fortunes), set up by  manufacturers/real professionals, all day, for $20? I think I got $20 of free audio magazines the second I walked in, along with a show magazine that detailed exactly what each vandor was showing in each room, and a map of the whole place.   For headphone...