Posts by mrip541

I just purchased a new pair from B&H. I sat down in the waiting area to open the box and verify all was well. Plugged them straight into my phone to check function... Not impressed with sound. Returned immediately.         jk you can pry these from my cold dead fingers.
I went to B&H today and took a quick look at their new high end headphone demo area. It’s in a glass-enclosed space (shared with studio monitors) set off from the general pro audio area. The display has a beefy-looking Tascam CD player with a front USB input. It’s hooked up to an Antelope Zodiac headphone amp. I couldn’t get the front USB to recognize my S5 through the USB cable I had with me, so I listened to the CD that was in the player. There were no other CDs and no...
Tomorrow I'm going to check these out at b&h in nyc. Is there a way to identify the Rev on the retail box?
Do you guys think there are any legitimate reasons to buy a new LCD-2 over a new EL-8 open back?
When I was a kid I loved chasing down and catching garden snakes. I thought snakes were super cool. Still do. One time there was a big one that didn't try to run away. I picked it up and another snake it had just eaten came out of its mouth! Awesome!
Razordog has $50 off $249 and $100 off $399. Select items. Doesn't seem to work for HiFiMan or Audeze products but it did work for Fostex 600s.
This is way overdue but, back at the last NY Audio Show I tried these. I knew nothing about them and had no idea how expensive they were. I walked up to a table with these phones and a tv playing some performance. I admit my first thought was, "Oh cute. Oppo thinks they know how to make a headphone. lol." I figured the phones were just there as blu ray player accessories. I put them on my head and pretty much instantly had a mouth open "WOW these are really good" moment. I...
I often wear glasses at work and my current office headphone is the Focal Spirit Pro. They sound great, until I slide on my glasses. As soon as the arms go under the pads I lose a good bit of bass and punch, even though I have wire frames, and even though the cups appear to still be flush against my head.   Any chance someone can test out the PM-3 with and without their glasses and let me know if the sound changes?
Anyone know if these are available to audition anywhere in NYC? How about just anywhere to buy in person?
Anyone heard the PM-3 and the Focal Spirit Pros? Thoughts?