or Connect

Posts by mrip541

Pickles seem to be pretty big in Brooklyn, but the problem is the popular ones aren't any good, and they could be turning people off to pickles for good. I think the Brooklyn pickle craze must be more of a hipster style/social thing than any actual affinity for pickles, because all of the popular local, organic, blah blah blah brands sell vegetables soaked in vinegar and spices. That, my friends, does not a good pickle make. A real lacto-fermented pickle is the only way to...
 I just switched to the Lyr 2 and immediately thought THIS is what I've been missing! LCD-2f is just effortlessly putting out ridiculous bass.
Thanks for the responses guys. Audio is definitely set to 2 channel, and using my own files in foobar does sound better than my gf's in itunes. I spent a while messing around and I think the real issue is that the mx1 doesn't play well with Windows 8. Audinst doesn't provide drivers, at all, for the mx1 anymore. I uninstalled every audio device and usb driver and reinstalled each one with drivers from the manufacturers web pages, which seemed to help. But I think what...
I just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. Just to make sure the sound worked I opened up iTunes and started a random song. It sounds TERRIBLE using usb-->Audinst HUD-mx1-->headphone out. I mean really really bad. Bloated tubby bass, some kind of echo, shimmering distortion like I'm listening to a really old mp3.   If I open playback devices it shows the mx-1 as a SPDIF Inteface and the Enhancements tab from Windows 7 is gone. I can't find any way to alter the sound....
My gf signed us up for Quinciple.com a while back. Every week they deliver a box of local(ish)/sustainable ingredients to you with recipes that incorporate most of them, but the box doesn’t contain everything needed for most recipes. It’s great in that we’ve started eating a lot of stuff we wouldn’t otherwise. I thought it would also be great for my wallet as I usually buy all the food (and cook) for both of us and my gf is paying for the service, but the reality is I’m...
I keep getting super busy and missing the meets, but if I can make it I'll probably bring:   LCD-2f Focal Spirit Pro Modi 2 Uber Lyr 2   If anyone is interested I could also bring:   Musical Fidelity v90 dac RSA HR-2 ATH-M50   On a somewhat related note, has anyone else noticed that the NY Audio Show is way out in Westchester this year? It's nearly a 2 mile walk from the nearest train station, and basically no one who lives in the city has a car. Talk about...
I see these on every forum that has a for sale section. Why do people post these instead of WTS ads? It's not like posting a WTS obligates you to sell. I see no advantage.
 All the usual suspects are closed for Passover until April 12, including B&H. Only place I know that sells Grados and is open right now is AC Gears. Actually if he's here for a whole week he'll be here when B&H reopens.
 Yep, I was wrong. The B&H product listing says the balanced cable is included, but Audeze just told me the LCD-2 kit hasn't included a balanced cable or wood care kit for months.
I just called Audeze and they confirmed the LCD-2 no longer comes with a wood care kit or balanced cable. So... Foolish me. Probably should have figured that out for sure before writing B&H an angry letter. I'm that guy. Ugh!