Posts by mrip541

This is seriously disappointing. I'd be very interested to hear more about this from anyone at CES.
 "...to my ears, perhaps, the most technically capable headphone available currently at its price." I just don't know what to make of that. Anyway, this is my last negative post. 
 Jude's qualifiers and somewhat reserved praise definitely made me raise an eyebrow. I'm also a bit worried that his more open and less lush comments might translate to real world lack of bass, but who knows! 
 I would choose universals, but I'm not sure how a universal could ever be as comfortable as a custom. For some reason the pressure from universal tips just kills my ears. Customs feel almost like nothing is there at all.
 Well yeah, but it seems like some people scratch various headphones off their want list based on looks, which I guess I'm just not on board with. 
 I've had customs going on 3 years now and have no interest in universals. You couldn't pay me to switch back, even if comfort was the only factor considered. Well, you could, but you get the idea.
I could not care less what they look like as long as they have the best sound for the money.
The ads show a closed headphone. There was a comment on their facebook page (i think?) suggesting the new model would be closed. I want it to be closed so bad. Please please please.
My opinion is that if they wanted the he-6 to sound like the modded version, they would have done it. You think they didn't play around with all that stuff for thousands of hours? 
Sorry for the thread necro but...   Before I knew the output impedance I hooked my UE18 Pros up to my 5350 for laughs. I thought the sound was outstanding. Good enough that it made me angry I had spent so much $ on headphone amps. I had knelt down in front of my equipment rack to plug in the IEMs and load a cd into my trusty but seldom used tank like sony sacd player, and ended up just laying down on the floor and listening to an entire album, something I pretty much...