Posts by mrip541

Anyone know if these are available to audition anywhere in NYC? How about just anywhere to buy in person?
Anyone heard the PM-3 and the Focal Spirit Pros? Thoughts?
edit - I raged about ebay but this is only about paypal. Oops.
I'm interested in the new wireless line (165, 175, 185, 195) but am confused by the marketing. Each product is marketed as satisfying a specific set of needs, rather than saying the 195 sounds better than the 165. I mean if I don't have hearing loss should I buy the 195? What if I want to listen to music but want a closed back? Is the price difference of the models due only to extended range and software features like bass boost and surround or do the more expensive ones...
 This. Larger people always want to sit down on the subway but they might not be so large if they actually stood up every once in a while. Confusing.
I haven't been following this thread closely so this may have already been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed that Buysonic is now offering some products at MSRP? Kinda strange. Doesn't even say call us for a discount. Why would I pay them retail for an EL-8 without the Audeze warranty?
In case anyone is interested, Buysonic has the new Momentum M2 for $199.
Why?!?! Particularly in rock/metal. Even bands who are known for having high quality recordings. I'm listening to Porcupine Tree right now and the band leader's "day job" is producing music, but the cymbals still like trash can lids. What gives? Is it really that hard?
Oh man, I've been there. I've tracked my package as it went by my place, maybe a half mile away, through 2 other states, and then back to me. But I've had even worse luck with fedex... package damage, failure to pick up at scheduled time, failure to cancel pickup, failure to reschedule pickup, inept customer service, people not calling back, telling me things that couldn't possibly be true, claiming multiple delivery attempts when I was sitting in view of my door all day...
Just got a demo pair for a nice discount. Local shop said I was just the second person to try them. My only quibble so far is that some treble attacks can sound a bit sharp. Is this just how they sound or might it change with break-in? I also admit that after a couple years with the M50 and my UE18 Pros I might need a bit more bass oomph. We'll see if I can reprogram my ears.