Posts by mrip541

Try Bleak, where the guitar line comes in at the :20 mark. I don't listen much straight out of my phone, so that could be part of the issue... The bit about the mic issues is a major bummer. I was listening in wireless mode. /shrug
My quick thoughts after the first 30min of listening to the wireless momentum from my S5: Booming midbass bump conceals the mids. It thumps like a cheap car sub. I was listening to some Opeth and literally could not make out some guitar lines I know are there. I’m not talking background stuff but rather the main guitar lines. Sixteenth notes turned into one lengthy line of mush. I’m not sure who thought this was acceptable for a $500 item. The good: The noise cancelation...
 Yep, I got a price break so didn't insist on waiting for a "new" one. I kind of got the feeling you only get their full service when you spend big $$, but I could be wrong.
I've purchased a couple items from Lyric and both times they told me "this is the last one we have so we can only sell it as a demo with no return policy." It seemed a bit fishy, so watch out.
I'd like to hear a pre-fazor LCD-2 if anyone can bring one, to compare with my fazor one.
Pickles seem to be pretty big in Brooklyn, but the problem is the popular ones aren't any good, and they could be turning people off to pickles for good. I think the Brooklyn pickle craze must be more of a hipster style/social thing than any actual affinity for pickles, because all of the popular local, organic, blah blah blah brands sell vegetables soaked in vinegar and spices. That, my friends, does not a good pickle make. A real lacto-fermented pickle is the only way to...
 I just switched to the Lyr 2 and immediately thought THIS is what I've been missing! LCD-2f is just effortlessly putting out ridiculous bass.
Thanks for the responses guys. Audio is definitely set to 2 channel, and using my own files in foobar does sound better than my gf's in itunes. I spent a while messing around and I think the real issue is that the mx1 doesn't play well with Windows 8. Audinst doesn't provide drivers, at all, for the mx1 anymore. I uninstalled every audio device and usb driver and reinstalled each one with drivers from the manufacturers web pages, which seemed to help. But I think what...
I just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. Just to make sure the sound worked I opened up iTunes and started a random song. It sounds TERRIBLE using usb-->Audinst HUD-mx1-->headphone out. I mean really really bad. Bloated tubby bass, some kind of echo, shimmering distortion like I'm listening to a really old mp3.   If I open playback devices it shows the mx-1 as a SPDIF Inteface and the Enhancements tab from Windows 7 is gone. I can't find any way to alter the sound....
My gf signed us up for Quinciple.com a while back. Every week they deliver a box of local(ish)/sustainable ingredients to you with recipes that incorporate most of them, but the box doesn’t contain everything needed for most recipes. It’s great in that we’ve started eating a lot of stuff we wouldn’t otherwise. I thought it would also be great for my wallet as I usually buy all the food (and cook) for both of us and my gf is paying for the service, but the reality is I’m...