or Connect

Posts by mrip541

Anyone know what Oppo means by "refurbished"? Just returned, or was there something actually wrong with the units? Some of their refurbished items have a nice discount.
Something about eating animals that have long lifespans really weirds me out. Even lobster.
 I have the Focal Spirit Pro and received my PM-3s today. The very first thing I noticed was that the soundstage was larger. I'm at work and couldn't give you a detailed comparison at the moment, but the change wasn't subtle. Other first impressions with my Lyr 2:The case is pretty sweet.I love that they lie flat.It is super comfortable. It fits well, stays in place and doesn’t draw attention.It sounds more like an improved HP-50 than a scaled-down LCD-2.On paper the PM-3...
 Uhhhh... I've had the UE18s for 3 years or so and my experience has been that they have huge, bottomless, eardrum-pounding bass and sub-bass. Something may have been off.
 I just received my Asgard 2 today. I've also had a Lyr 2 in my office setup for a bit. Do Schiit amps have a bass boost? My initial thought with the Lyr was, oh man the bass came alive! The more I listened the more I started to think it was an artificial boost.Now with the Asgard 2 it seems even more apparent. Maybe the boost is just done better on the Lyr? Maybe the tubes in the Lyr offset it with a bit of mid sweetness? Maybe I'm used to sub-par bass? Using the Asgard 2...
EDIT - Company refused to honor my warranty at first but after a few emails and a call we worked something out, so my situation is pretty much resolved.
Purchased a couple weeks ago direct from Violectric USA. As new with all original packaging. I've decided to go with an amp that has pre-outs. Price includes insured shipping to US and all fees. No trades, please.
I have never believed that cables make a difference as i have never heard a difference in any cable... until now. I was in a bind and needed a cable, like, NOW, so walked over to BestBuy and bought their house brand cheap interconnect. Its effect was not subtle. So much bass was missing that i thought something was wrong with my amp. It was incredible. How can they sell this stuff to people? Do they engineer it like this on purpose or just not care?
 Nice!Oh dear. The discount works for the JH Audio iems. This could me the end of me.
Very true. Was just shocked.