Posts by mrip541

Thanks for the help all. I've always had some background noise, but I actually was having even worse hissing/hum issues after recently changing my system config. Moving or even touching one particular set of interconnects would clearly affect the sound. Kinda funny, those cables are the only "audiophile grade" cables I own and they are the worst. I replaced that set and the new ones don't have the same issue, but the background hum remains.   I read that audioholics page...
Are you saying that these guys really don't interfere with digital cable? I bought a cheap one a while ago that claimed it was compatible but broke my cable service.
Hello all, I have what I believe to be an odd grounding issue with my A/V system. I have a cable box with hdmi to my Samsung lcd. Line level audio out from cable box to Creek 5350SE amp connected to Revel M106 speakers. I have everything plugged into one power conditioner.   I’m hearing what I believe to be a ground-related hum/buzz that gets louder when I turn up the volume. If I UNplug the TV power cord the buzz gets much louder. If I UNplug the hdmi from the tv or the...
For sale is my Schiit Bifrost DAC with original box and packing material, plus basic power cord. It does not have USB or uber. It's in excellent physical condition and works flawlessly. However, the case does have a few light marks. Selling to simplify my a/v system. Price includes paypal and domestic US shipping.
I recently added a Revel B112 sub to my AV system. I have the cable box and dvd player going into a Creek 5350SE integrated amp. The Creek has a preamp out and a power amp in that is usually closed with a jumper. I’m running the preamp out to the sub, and the line level out from the sub to the power amp in on the Creek, which is connected to Revel M106s.   Since putting the sub in the system I’m getting a quiet white noise hiss from the speakers that does not change...
For sale here is my Creek 5350SE integrated amp with original remote and generic power cord. This is the original classic version, not the new evo version. Selling this due to a switch from stereo to surround.   This particular unit is from the last batch of 5350s made before the release of the new version. All of the units in that run use a new selector switch which gets finicky over time, including the one in this unit. When you select an input you sometimes need to...
Edited in lower price and gave location.
 I heard about that and, unfortunately, ignored the reviews. Yesterday I found some in stock at J&R so gave them a shot. I charged them overnight and took a quick listen this morning. I'm getting signal drop, like a cd skipping, every few seconds even when sitting right next to the base. I'm also getting signal distortion. When it works it sounds fantastic but I'll be returning these immediately. Oh well, was worth a try. Anyone know of similar "no compromise" wireless...
I live in NYC and generally assume that flagship products will be available for sale somewhere in the area. The RS 220 is not in stock at any store that I can find. Is that as strange as I think it is? 
Sent you a PM.