Posts by mrip541

I currently use ER-4Ps straight out of my Droid when on the go. I'm not satisfied at all. A number of years ago I used an airhead connected to a discman which sounded so much better. Clearly, I'm not going to carry around a discman so I'm looking for a portable player or player/amp combo that can at least match what I used to have. I'd like to keep things under $400 total.
Bump
Hey all. Does anyone know what players have sq at least as good as the X-fi Titanium HD? My Nano and Droid are driving me crazy and I'd rather head straight to the good stuff instead of messing around with bad portables. I'm also interested in source/amp combos as well. Any ideas other than the hifiman stuff? Thanks!
I need headphones to wear at work. I work in an office with an open floor plan, meaning everyone can see and hear everyone else, which sucks. I need to be able to hear people asking me questions from behind me, and preferably hear them from a few desks away. I also need cans that other people can't hear. I'm currently using Etymotic ER4-Ps but I simply can't use them anymore because I can't hear anything going on around me no matter how low the volume.   So it seems...
I'm looking into a portable source/amp for my Etymotic ER4-P phones. Would it make more sense to get the cheaper Sansa Clip+ and an amp like an Airhead, or to get a more expensive player like the Cowon J3 without an amp. I need to keep my total under $300. I could stretch a little but I really don't want things to get out of control. I listen to a wide variety of music from classical to classic rock to metal. I'm also open to getting the "S" adapter if it can fit in my...
ER4-P were my first "real" phones and I have yet to find anything that sound as good. Once you get used to the precise and neutral (and very deep) bass extension everything else sounds bloated and fake. I also agree that getting the insertion right is key but doing so is trivial once you get the hang of it. The first time I put these on I was like "so THIS is what I've been missing!" So so good.   In addition, the Etymotic customer service is exceptional. Similar to...