Posts by mrip541

Yes, their last album was basically a warning but I had hoped they would at least give the crowd a taste of the older stuff. No dice though.  
I just got out of the show and it was decidedly NOT ridiculous or epic or even high energy. They played 3 acoustic songs to open the concert sitting down. The next song the drummer was using brushes. There was not one single growl the entire concert. At the end I heard multiple people mention selling their tickets for tomorrow. I heard people say "wasn't this supposed to be a metal concert?" Low low energy. Was more like a jam band concert. People were trying to get the...
Interested.
I'm going to the show in NYC tonight. Going to be ridiculous! With the online fees I paid like $43. One of the few things I like about living in nyc is being able to leave my office, take the subway 1 stop, and see world class music.
To quote the FAQ of a well-known audio player, "I have an ASUS Xonar card and am experiencing problems...   Asus Xonar drivers are known to be completely broken on multiple levels. Get rid of this card and get a card from another manufacturer."     I don't have personal experience with the card but I've read about a lot of people who have major problems with it. A lot of people with Windows 7 seem to be having issues.   Wish I could help you more.
In the past I've been convinced that after playing video games on my nice headphones they didn't sound right. Using other headphones for a day or so fixed the "problem." Could just be in your head. However, if you really blasted the daylights out of them there could be some damage i'd guess, but I'm not an expert. My guess is that if you don't use them for a bit and they still sound off there's something wrong.
Easily the buds they give you on airplanes. It's outrageous that some airlines make you pay for that @&*$ these days,
If any of you could recommend a headphone that takes the pro900 sound, tightens up the bass and smooths out the highs, what headphone would you pick? I just got my 900s today and it's fun to hop around blasting metal, but the bass even with an amp feels a bit bloated/uncontrolled and the sibilance on vocals/cymbals is hard on the ears. My ultimate goal would be to find cans/IEMs that take the Etymotic ER4 sound and fill out the bottom end with some tight controlled...
I have 900s coming tomorrow and this thread is totally killing my excitement. Thanks. Isn't this an appreciation thread? I'm going to forget all the smack talk I just read and try to enjoy my new cans.
My guess is they're cutting corners. I'm not sure a budget level dac would be worth forging. There are some well-known companies that cut quality significantly after the first run like OCZ. Personally, I'd stay far away from anything I could only find on ebay.