Posts by mrip541

It's sold out now.
I'm in Brooklyn and would appreciate a heads up if/when this happens.
X-Fi Titanium HD - $180 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - $159   I have the X-fi HD and it is very good. Replaceable opamps will let you play around if you want to. I think if you play a lot of games you really should get an x-fi card. The software it comes with allows you to switch back and forth from gaming to music mode which is really nice as well.   I do not have the M50s but they are often recommended as the best rock/metal phones in that price range.
Great, thanks all. I have an Audinst MX-1 on the way!
I'm trying to put together a headphone rig for my office but have a few questions/issues. Because I'd rather not mess with a separate player all day long my plan is to use an external dac/amp connected to my work desktop by USB. I feel silly asking this, but should I have a problem getting a digital audio signal through the usb ports on the motherboard of my generic office pc, as opposed to a sound card with a digital out? Is it as easy as plug and play? Just asking...
Hey all, Are there any portable players with digital out other than the iRivers? Thanks in advance!
pm sent.
pm sent.
I played with BBE a bit but my ears tell me all it does is drop out the midrange which I'm not a fan of. I'm going to mess with the EQ a bit more but unless I stumble on something groundbreaking I'm planning to bring it back. I don't feel like I should have to mess with a $170 device to get it to sound better than my computer.
This morning I picked up a Cowon J3 and I'm a bit disappointed. With my ER-4Ps does it sound better than my Nano? Yes. Better than my Droid? Yes. better than my X-fi Titanium HD? No. Also doesn't sound as good as the headphone amp in my Cairn 4808A but that's quite a bit more expensive. The sound is detailed but gets a bit harsh at the top, is distorting high frequencies a bit, and is lacking the punch of the x-fi. I don't mean volume. The J3 gets as loud as I'd like it...